Video Files on Forum ×

Song in its original form

Checking through my files I found this song…  I originally re-interpreted the melody in a different rhythm and called it “Rockies Ballad”.  Listening to the original now, I kind of like it, not bad.  It’s a mediocre video because back then I wasn’t paying too much attention to making them. I hope you like it. BTW, the photos are from the Canadian Rockies, and I highly recommend everyone to visit those places at some point... Awesome!

My webpage:  www.sergiosongs.com  

• Like 1

Ah, the other side of Sergio (Ha ha I love puns!) Non-Cuban related music in this one eh? Nice melody, good video. 👍 I can totally see waltzing in a cabin in the Rockies to this. I've never been to the mountains, I bet you feel like a tiny speck when you're in that environment.

The older I get and the more I learn, the more in awe I am of nature...  And I'm not religious. 

I love to travel and have been to a lot of places.  I really prefer the cities, museums, etc., but I also like nature, like the Canadian Rockies.  If you're fortunate enough to stay in one of those "old time" hotels built by Canadian Pacific, you've been close to heaven.

Thanks for the comments. It's funny how a song changes so much using a different rhythm.

Which brings up another question that I have from the folks that know about equipment, etc., that I know nothing about.  I like the rhythms in my keyboard, but would love to be able to choose from a wider range.  Is there something like that to complement the keyboard and how difficult is that to set up?  I'd appreciate any thoughts... Not a big deal, but I'm curious.

Oh, I forgot about the "Cuban" thing...  Yes, Cuba is deep in my soul, much more than I thought, and the trip earlier this year was a great one!

I agree that I have "two sides" in my songs, hopefully more as time goes on.  I love all kinds of music, and I listen to many different things, but the Cuban melodies and rhythms surrounded me since birth.  My mom was a piano teacher (never taught me or my brother) and she was passionate about music, specially the old Cuban songs that my grandmother used to sing.

Anyway, when I came to the US I "despised" all that Cuban stuff and embraced the 60s and 70s (never disco, sorry).  It's only as I got older that the Cuban "stuff" came back, later with a vengeance.

Trivial personal stuff, but I'm old, what can I say....

I did the Google search and it's like another world...  Drum machines, sequencers, etc.  I'll do some more research, but it seems like too much to learn.  Also, how do I use it with the PX780? Maybe I'll look into another section in the forum that deals with it.  For me, it would be ideal if Casio offered some sort of software complement to add to the many rhythms they already offer...  Anyway, that's for the future, maybe...