Video Files on Forum ×

BUZZING / RESONANCE PROBLEM SOLVED

rkyle1717

I wanted to let others know I was able to solve an issue with my PX-860.  The piano developed a buzzing tone coming from the right side when I played B and B flat, mostly B though.  It was not digital, but rather a resonant frequency of something in the speaker or cabinet...  Anyway, I read through a bunch of threads and noticed others having the same issue or similar.  Long story short I knew it was mechanical, not software related and I began removing parts starting at the top.  It didn't take long to find that the open/close lid mechanism was the source as the issue was gone once the lid was removed.  Specifically, there is a sheet metal tab that traps the slider bar/wire part for raising and lowering the lid.  The metal tab has 2 screws, one at each end.  This piece, I believe, was buzzing.  In order to access it you first need to remove the screws from each of the hinges in the back first.  I added some elmers glue to the threads of each screw when I re-assembled and now the piano is buzz free.  

• Like 2