Video Files on Forum ×

Conversation (another "unplugged" "song")

Very nice. Yes, the interplay between the bass and right hand is definitely clear to me almost contrapuntal.  which Casio is this? I think you usually are playing the PX5s? I love the Casio piano sound, and have compared it with several other digitals. It doesn't tire me out when playing for a while-I guess because it is so realistic sounding, good natural sustain.

Thanks a lot, Jokeyman123!  My Casio is the PX-780, and I bought it because it's a full piano, great sound, auto rhythms, different voices, etc.  For my purpose it seemed to be my best buy and I have not been disappointed.  I keep learning its features every day...

m10538, you always make me laugh out loud...  I usually smile, but you make me laugh!  😀  I completely agree, though, with what you're saying...  You're very wise, you know....

I feel music in my "heart" (not anatomically correct, but anyway), and I do know that I play my soul when I just play.  It's true that the auto rhythm limits how much "emotion" you can put into a song, but there are other tradeoffs.  I think I've learned to "tame" the auto rhythms now that I know how to use the rhythm editor.

Right now I'm still working on a standard and I'm trying to "stretch" my playing, but I still need practice.  I'm very happy with how much I've learned...