Video Files on Forum ×

Misty Night Blues - Martha Mier

Martha Mier is contemporary jazz/blues composer who lives in the same state I do, Florida.  Coincidentally, it happens to be a "misty night" this evening in Florida with cool fall temperatures and humidity fog.  I found this piece while cleaning out my file cabinet of sheet music.  Never noticed this neat little piece until now.  The PX560 is so fantastic to play, it's making me practice more than I ever have, which is a good thing.  

Misty Night Blues.mp3

1 hour ago, sergio said:

Very nice, not familiar with Ms. Mier.  Hint of Gershwin along the way...  👍

Yes, it's nice here in Florida this morning (Miami).  Winters here are soooo nice...

Hey Sergio, you ever been up here in Michigan in winter? I wouldn't use the word "nice" to describe it. A word I can't put on the CMF! I'm comin' down there with you guys!

3 hours ago, m10538 said:

Hey Sergio, you ever been up here in Michigan in winter? I wouldn't use the word "nice" to describe it. A word I can't put on the CMF! I'm comin' down there with you guys!

Can you imagine a tropical Cuban refugee coming to NYC in 1960, never having seen snow?  Well, I'll tell you...  That winter was the coldest and snowiest in the longest time.  The first snowfall I saw was predicted as "snow flurries", but as the night advanced, it turned out to be a blizzard, 17 inches of snow.  Needless to say, I was in heaven (no school either)...

So, thank you, but no Michigan for me.  I once spent some weeks in Chicago in winter, and that was NOT nice!  Come join us in Florida!!!  😁

• Like 1