Video Files on Forum ×

CT-X5000 and microphone

Viktor72

You can apply effects to whatever you have connected to the Mic Input of the X5000. Doesn't have to be a dynamic microphone necessarily, any mono sound source will work (guitars, synths) and the trim knob next to the Mic input can be used to adjust the level of the signal to match various sources. The Audio In is strictly for stereo line-level sources (mixers, smart phones, effects units) and the signal bypasses the internal effects completely aside from Center Cancel, which is more of a helpful feature than a true "effect" anyway.

Like Brad said, you can only add reverb, chorus, and delay to the mic input, but they each have their own individual send parameters in the mixer section so you can get pretty specific with how much of each effect is added to the sound source. You'll find these settings in the "External" part of the mixer. I've attached a .pdf of the relevant pages from the manual to this post, please take a look through the instructions there if you're having trouble navigating the menus. CT-X5000 Effects and Mixer.pdf

As far as a "robot" voice, that might be hard to accomplish with the X5000's internal effects since they're tailored towards the arranger crowd more than the electronic/synth scene. I would recommend trying out one of the Flanger effects from the Chorus block along with the Ambience effect from the Delay block if you want your voice to sound more synthetic. You can always get a dedicated vocal effects processing unit and run it through the X5000's Audio In if you want a larger selection of effects to work with.

Hello !

I have tried a Neewer 800 mic, a basic Sony mic and a toy mic, and I can't hear my voice.

I'm  "max" on mic level button.

1.Is there a function to enable to hear my voice "inside" the keyboard speaker ?

2. What is the button to add effects ? Function ?

I know it seems obvious, but this happens>  Check that you haven't plugged it into the wrong jack.  Make sure it's the mic jack and that the volume knob is indeed at max instead of min.  There should be nothing else needed, but you can always go to the mixer and double check the microphone "external part" settings.  

• 1 month later...