Video Files on Forum ×

Reflections (early "song")

Things are kind of slow and I'm not currently working on anything, so this is an early "song" of mine (piece?).  Many of these early songs I revisited later with the auto rhythm, but I couldn't do anything with this one, so I left it alone.  It's simple, not fancy, and you got to love those space shots...  🙂

👍! And...the other one, 👍! 2 thumbs up. Nice bright melody, Sergio! This is one of the few of yours that I don't detect a Cuban or Spanish flavor with. More of a pure Cole Porter vibe (if I'm thinking of the right guy).

Perfectly executed in my opinion. I was thinking about what you've said about left-hand technique. I don't detect any problem in any of your tunes. And my stuff...you know I don't remember ever even thinking about trying to do complicated left hand stuff. My left hand's got 2 moves: bang out chords and doing a simple two-note bass line! Righty does all the action with me!

I mentioned the Waldstein sonata recently, have you ever tackled a finger twister like that before? And here's an idea for your next upload: the most complicated piano tune you can handle, the one where you're at your limit! Where you look like this playing it:😫!

Thanks a lot!!!  Yes, the Cuban stuff is like another corner of my brain, and I usually invoke it by playing minor chords, because they are so prevalent in that music.  So back then I was trying to do different stuff.  But it's not really a "song", and I couldn't find any auto rhythm that would do it justice.  I think that the rhythm helped some songs and not others, as I listen to them in retrospect.

Waldstein sonata?  Are you crazy???  No, I don't aspire to being a "pianist" or to perform calisthenics on the keyboard...  What really turns me on is to have enough "chops" (I think I have OK now) to express myself on the keyboard...  If I'm concentrating on hitting the right keys, etc., as I rehearse a song, my "emotions" are kept in the background, but once I know the melody and got the tech part reasonably smooth, THEN I can concentrate on the phrasing, etc., which is really the fun part, at least for me.

I'll see if I have another song that may please you (I hope), all piano solo before the rhythm.