Video Files on Forum ×

re- asking (expr pedal+ sound fonts)

igor

1 - After traying a lot , if i have understood well, if i set the pedal2 (expression) to control wah effect in upper 1 for ex. , i cannot use it to control also distorsion in another tone(upper 2, for ex.) , (becouse it remain set as "manual control" ( of wah) , and it does not turn automatically to "Distortion gain" control as i set it for the other tone... Can i  avoid this problem with REGISTRATION function?

2 - is it possible to use expression pedal to control 2 different effects in the same tone? (DSP 1,2)?

3 - is it possible to use MZX 500 to control other midi sound fonts on 16 different channels?

In addition...

On 11/21/2018 at 2:05 AM, igor said:

1 - After traying a lot , if i have understood well, if i set the pedal2 (expression) to control wah effect in upper 1 for ex. , i cannot use it to control also distorsion in another tone(upper 2, for ex.)

1.  I don't think it's possible to put a DSP effect on tone 2 if you're using one on tone 1.

2 - is it possible to use expression pedal to control 2 different effects in the same tone? (DSP 1,2)?

2.  I don't think it's possible to put two DSP effects on the same tone.

3 - is it possible to use MZX 500 to control other midi sound fonts on 16 different channels?

3. I think it can only transmit on up to 4 channels at once. (The four parts are usually on channels 1-4.)

On 11/22/2018 at 8:44 PM, anotherscott said:

In addition...

1.  I don't think it's possible to put a DSP effect on tone 2 if you're using one on tone 1.

3. I think it can only transmit on up to 4 channels at once. (The four parts are usually on channels 1-4.)

thank you for answers, i had problems with internet and could not see them before... i' m particularly interested in playing my own rythms  using a vst bass as TRYLOGY, a jazz set drum as SUPERIOR DRUMMER or EZ drummer, and other vst like kontakt, instead of the built in instruments of the blue monster. Is it possible? How?

On 11/22/2018 at 8:44 PM, anotherscott said:

In addition...

How can you transmit these midi signals?

On 11/21/2018 at 2:19 PM, Brad Saucier said:

1. Pedal settings are not saved in tones.  They are saved in registrations.

2.  The pedal can control two parameters of one DSP effect.  Use pedal target 1 and target 2 to do that.

3. Yes, the keyboard can work as a MIDI controller.

how can i play blue monster using other vst instruments instead of the built in sounds of mzx500?(in  drums, bass, chord1, 2, 3  parts...)

wow Brad! thank you a lot! i'll try as soon as possible! ....... I'm trying: i Turned on accomp out in MIDI settings , and opened REAPER DAW with a vst on one track. I see the reaper track that receives midi signals but i dont hear anything... maybe is some thing to set in reaper... i'll see   what do you think?