Video Files on Forum ×

Korg Nanokontrol with PX560

Jokeyman123

I have had success programming a Korg microKontrol keyboard to externally control volume, pan and effect depth with the PX560. This is easily done from the PX screen, but I like having simultaneous control of several midi channels at once which I can do with the Korg/PX560. My reason for post-has anyone tried this with the Korg nanokontrol or similar mini-slider controller, there aren't many of these mini slider/pot controllers, the Behringers and similar are much larger. And since the nano would be usb to usb, I have no idea if this will work although it does when connected to software/computer which is using 2 different controllers for the same thing, not what I want to do. I have only been able to get the microKontrol to work directly connected through it's DIN midi ports. It is powered with its own internal batteries for midi din functioning and of course usb must get power from its bus, or external 5V.

I'm thinking this will not directly work because you'd need to use some type of USB MIDI Host as well as some type of programming interface to be able to program the various controls of the NanoKontrol.  I could be totally wrong, but I've read numerous stuff online about this subject.

I actually thought about doing this same thing, creating a USB MIDI Host, using an Arduino, but just haven't had the time to make it happen.

Right! The only reason I can use the microkontrol is because I can program it through the Korg editor/librarian specifically designed for it-to set up cc for each slider and analog knob control to interface with the PX560. And even with software for the Nano, it probably will not work with the PX. I will stick with the microKontrol. And the only fader/controller interfaces I've found with  dedicated midi DIN ports are the larger, more expensive Behringers and the old JL Cooper Fadermasters which were designed a long time ago in a faraway galaxy.  Ah well, nice idea. A small laptop with software isn't the same as realtime control with hardware, and my other idea was to control each hex layer in real time-for some very complex morphing ala Wavestation and Yamaha TG-33. would be nice since I think those changes would be recorded with the midi recorder. I can do this with the PX screen, but only 1 layer at a time manually but takes some dexterity. I don't think there are any cc that can access individual volumes in each individual hex layer-I haven't come across it in the midi implementation thatt I can figure.