Video Files on Forum ×

How Time Change on User Rhytms?

Silvano Silva

Hello!
I noticed in an MZ-X Factory Rhythm an interesting feature but that unfortunately can not reproduce constructing User Rhythms.

The PIANO 8 BEAT Rhythm on the PIANO RHYTHMS page has a change in tempo on ENDING1.
Even recording the Midi of the accompaniment and exporting in the DAW SONAR the exchange message continues appearing in the SONAR TIME PLAYING MENU.
Does anyone know which CC time-changer can be accepted for rhythm composition.
Because Casio seems to leave this function disabled for Users.
And the master CHANNEL that commands this is the CHANNEL 10 DRUM

I don't believe there is a specific cc message to provide a change in tempo, but one can be assigned from the list of "unassigned" controllers although I can't make out exactly how this works. The "tap tempo" function buttons on some of our keyboards apparently use the same CC message and in some way toggle the CC messages but i still don't understand how, seems pretty complex to program.  I believe it is associated with mtc-midi time clock messages that somehow recompute a sequencer's basic "tick" beat at clocks per beat. Looks like the number of ticks per quarter note beat is reset -as if the midi time code is being expanded or contracted which changes the tempo in relation to the sequencer's basic timecode.  My GEM Equinox has a function that allows for real-time tempo changes with one of the sliders-I will hook up Midiox and see what kind of messages it might be outputting for this function. I also came across DAWs that have functions that allow you to do this-I think Notator Logic was one. maybe somebody else here has an easier answer. I'll post back about the Equinox if I find anything useful.