Video Files on Forum ×

Creating CKF User Rhythms - Reference Manual

On 12/23/2021 at 4:34 PM, Cactus said:

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and looking for information on how/where to download user rhythms for the CT-X700 keyboard.  I found this website https://music.casio.com/e/data_ex4/rhythm.html but it doesn't work.

Thanks to anyone that can help me.

Check the download section of the forums for Rhythms. The AC7 format for Rhythms is compatible across all Casio models, so you'll be able to use CKF and AC7 Rhythms on your CT-X700 without issue. If you want some CT-X700 specific Rhythms, check out my signature for the expansion pack.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

It's been brought to my attention that the IDES 4.0 software download page has gone offline. Makes some sense -- that webpage was nearly 20 years old and all of the keyboards to which it directly pertained have been off the market for quite some time. It had a good run.

However, the Rhythm Converter from the IDES 4.0 bundle still remains the only official Casio software for creating rhythms from MIDI files, so this presents a problem for modern day rhythm composers who don't want to pursue a third party software solution and would rather follow along with my guide. Fortunately, I kept a back-up of the original IDES 4.0 installer program on my hard drive, and I have re-hosted it here as an attachment to this post. The download link from my original post will redirect to a google drive back-up as well, so this should (hopefully) be a more future proof method of archiving the software.

ides40.exe

Edited by Chandler Holloway
  • Thanks 2