Video Files on Forum ×

Deep Blue Sea

This is the very first thing I recorded on my PX-350 using my iPhone out in the woods in a beautiful valley in Gainesville, MO. The crazy thing was we literally had to drive through a creek to get there. You can hear the birds chirping and the crackle of the fire in the background.

Totally natural acoustic effects and the straight keyboard on an original live composition.

I called it Deep Blue Sea because I worked a bit of the Jaws theme into the bass notes.

This illustrates the portability of the Privia keyboards. Play them out in the woods if you want. Just keep the keyboard out of the water when you cross the creek.

Also beautiful!  I like the style, and I'd love to learn how to play it.  My only other comment is that I prefer a melody that has a definite path.  I can get lost in this piece and enjoy every bit of it, but I still need a melody that takes me on a journey.  With this free style I get lost but I still need to know where I'm going...  I know this is just rambling from a non-musician, so take it with a grain of salt.  I totally enjoyed it!

Geez, I wonder what the squirrels thought of that?! With genuine cracklin' fire sounds, cool! Alternate title could be Lost In the Woods.

I wonder if Casio is tops in the portables market? Anybody got any stats? I certainly took mine all over, including the woods. The only place I couldn't was on my bike. I thought about it though..."hmmm, clamp it on the handlebars.....nah".