Video Files on Forum ×

Problem with recording rhythm

ubartosz

Hi Guys,

I need your help again.... 

I have a problem with recording user rhythm. I think I'm doing all according to the book, but something's is wrong.

I want to record 4 variations:

- V1 - only piano chord

- V2 - different piano chord

- V3 - same chord as V2 with a drum

- V4 - V3 + base

I chose the empty rhythm (294), long press Edit, selected V1, then Part 4 (Chord 1), short pressed Record / Stop, then Start. Recorded my chord (002 GrandPiano and I can hear it looping), Stop / Exit/Write/Yes...

However when I try to play it to test I hear nothing. When I go back into recording - I can hear the chord fine. I recorded the drums for V3 - all went well and I can hear them. V1 and V2 - nothing....

I checked Mixer settings, but all parts are on... I'm completely lost. What do I do wrong????

Thanks for any help!

Regards,

Bart

I'm trying to understand what you are asking so I can offer options. Are you trying to create a rhythm that does not use auto accompaniment?  Once saved as a user rhythm, bass and chord parts will only sound when auto accomp is turned on and a chord is input using the keyboard.  In that regard, it works the same as preset rhythms.  This behavior can't be changed, but perhaps there are other methods to do what you want.

Thanks Brad,

that's exactly what I was trying to do - a rhythm that plays all recorded parts without auto accompaniment. In the meantime I devised a workaround which works with auto accomp. but I hit another issue. As my rhythm variations build upon each other I would like to copy V1 to V2 and build on it, then copy V2 to V3 and so on.... If I understand the manual correctly (EN-83) that should be possible, but I can't get it to work. My V1 has two parts - drums and chord 1 (Parts 2 and 4). Can I copy both of them to V2?

Thanks again for your help!

Bart

2 hours ago, ubartosz said:

Can I copy both of them to V2?

In the rhythm edit mode, press the rhythm element button you want as your "copy to" destination, which is variation 2 for you.

Press the registration 1 button. This should breifly display "Copy" then “Element”.

Press ENTER. This should display the current rhythm number and name. At this point you could choose another rhythm using the dial, but you don't need that here.

Press the element button you want to copy from, which is variation 1 for you. Pressing START/STOP here starts playback of variation 1 in order to audition it.

Press ENTER. This displays “Sure?” Press YES to execute copy, NO to cancel. The message "wait" appears. "Complete" appears when done.