Video Files on Forum ×

PX560 and MIDI Bass Pedal Board

romill

Hi, this is my first enquiry on the Casio board.  I am considering buying a PX560M but I need it to do the following via MIDI.  I play bass pedals and I'd like to be able to trigger the onboard bass sounds on the 560 via MIDI-In (probably on a different MIDI Channel Number) while playing other sounds on the keyboard itself.  Is this possible ?  At present I use a separate 'old' Boss sound module for the Acoustic Bass and i would like to reduce my set-up times and the wiring nightmare by just plugging the pedals into the 560 and getting access to more bass sounds.  Thanks in advance.

Stupid question but your bass pedals are midi correct? And you can select which midi out channel you will use? If so, not a problem. If you study the PX560 manual (download is on casio's website-I use both paper and pdf manual) on page A-5 (appendix towards end) you can see the mid channel in and out assignments for every possible channel assignment, for playing live-for the accompaniment parts and for playing an external 16 track sequence via computer or hardware sequencer, all simultaneously, nice.

Of the 4 parts or "tones" available on the main menu screen-each part is available for live "keyboard play" on channels 1 through 4. There are multiple ways to split or layer those 4 channels to play on the PX560 keyboard-you can play the tone on part or channel one live through all octaves, while playing a second tone live on channel 2 with your midi bass pedals-and either or both can be switched on or off from the same screen-as well as selecting any of the internal tones for each independently. And with 88 keys-I think you can even set up a double-manual B-3/C-3  Hammond style keyboard arrangement as a split, then use the 3rd midi channel to play the bass pedals. Not sure, I have only split the keys, I don't have a pedal unit but from I have studied, I'm pretty sure this is possible, since there are 2 upper and 2 lower tones available through channels 1-4 simultaneously. Anybody else here correct me if I'm wrong. Hope this helps.

• Like 1