Video Files on Forum ×

Make This Your New Year's Resolution: Be More Thilly

m10538

As Daffy Duck would say.    Wah haa haa haaaaaaah, ugh.

This was recorded in '91. I must have been out of my gourd! I passed this up long ago when looking for things to make videos of. But while watching a Graham Chapman bit in Monty Pythons season 2 episode 8 Archeology Today, I thought of this vid. There's a fine line sometimes between stoopid and funny. Hopefully you'll chuckle. I'm having some fun with the 390's auto-harmonize feature.

I have all of Monty Python, the Kids In the Hall, and most of the Simpsons and MST3K recorded in my vast comedy library. I 💜 comedy!

I got a wacky deal goin' on on my YT channel, I'm trying to make this YouTubes most hated video! Let yourself loose from your normal restrained behaviour and go and slam that down thumb! You can even leave a nasty comment! All good clean fun, have another stick of gum. P-teet, p-teet, argyle bargyle fooferon, peanut nostrils, happy clams.

• Like 1

Poor Ted...  It was bad enough that life sucks, someone has to rub it in at the end...  😁  Very funny!

I'm familiar with Monty Python but didn't watch their show, but I saw "Life of Brian" a couple of days ago...  Funny!

An idea for an alternate ending with a bit more optimistic point of view....  Since the old man is Bah Humbug all through the beautiful videos, have him smile at the end, but make it shocking, a surprise to the viewer, never expecting the old man to break down...  Just a thought...

Happy-Ending-Sergio, that's my new nick-name for you, Serg! No way, man! The angle is that he never actually does anything, just stands around cursing the world. Of course life sucks to him! He dies without ever enjoying life, without ever doing anything!

Oddly, I disliked every Monty Python movie, just didn't work for me for some reason.

Btw, Sergio, somebody just ruined my attempt to create YouTube's most hated video by giving this a thumb up. You wouldn't know anything about that would you, hmmm?!

You make me laugh out loud (no exaggeration) all the time, m10538!!!  Yes, that was ME, and why should it be a "most hated video"?  I thought it's very clever, and I got the message;  I just thought of how a different ending would make it positive.  I loved the dog at the end!  😂

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I'm all for artists getting paid but they had the ability to monetize the video for themselves (any left for the surviving members of Monty Python...probably not). But they chose to destroy it, yanked it ALL off YouTube, comments and all. Geez. Imagine a world without lawyers...as Lionel Hutz said...how horrible!

simplawyer.gif

9 minutes ago, Tsquare said:

Love the Lionel Hutz and Mr. Burns attorney references!  Funniest show ever would be Lionel Hutz teaming up with fellow attorney Jackie Chiles from Seinfeld while they both take on frivolous lawsuits.  

Every lawyer on the Simpsons is a slimeball! One said once "when will you humans ever learn..." as if he's not even human! I don't routinely knock entire groups of people, but seeing my vid disappear was disturbing. I'm sure there are respectable lawyers out there that have no snake DNA in them. I hope so, I might need one soon.

• 1 month later...