Video Files on Forum ×

Technical info about the AiX synthesis engine

Shad0wfax

Hi everyone,

We all know that the new AiX engine from Casio is an important leap in terms of quality, realism and expressiveness of the sound, as the CT-X line of keyboards show. However, I'm particularly interested in knowing more detalied technical aspects of this synthesis engine, but I haven't been able to find much info, and Casio seems to be quite opaque regarding this topic. I'd like to know for instance the maximum number of waveforms/elements/oscillators for each voice, the type of filters (if there are or not filters such as high-pass, band-pass, band-reject, etc. and not only LPF), the number and type of LFOs, the maximum amount of simultaneous DSP effects, and so on.

Besides their arranger capabilities, the CT-X line is very interesting as as sound source in itself, and it could be useful (and interesting as well) to know the technical details of the new AiX engine, in order to take the most out of it.

Best regards,

David

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...