Video Files on Forum ×

downloads backing tracks

geronimo

Hi All. I have bought a used WK3000, and have the ability to download to an sd card. Can anyone point me in the right direction for this type of thing. I am just about IT Literate....so if you could explain it in idiots language I would appreciate it. What I am after is backing track music.I can only play right handed at the moment, so any websites that download chords for songs would be ideal. I'm also trawling the net

Big topic here-with alot of posts, including several of mine. A question...

Did you format your card with the WK3000, using the functions in the keyboard, or did you format it with the computer? either way-if you have a card reader (I'm guessing you do) look for a folder labelled "musicdat" on the card using your computer.  Formatting the card in the WK will create that folder for you on the card, or you can do it yourself with the card in the computer-make sure this folder is not in a subfolder-has to be on the "root" of the  card. Now any files you want the WK to read or load are all placed in that folder. You say SD card, but isn't the WK using an SM (smartmedia) card? The manual states it uses that. Either way as long as you know what it is, SD/SM both should function the same way. I have an older PX575 which uses the smaller "SD" card version but this keyboard is functionally identical to the WK3000 series with a piano-action keyboard.

As far as what can go into tha folder-there are a variety of things, study page 92 in the manual which describes quite alot. Midi (pre-recorded or downloaded) files in .mid format can be in that folder, the WK will play them. Also tones, drawbar organ tones, all labelled with different Z-something file names.

The files you are describing are rhythm files-labelled Z00 in the WK3000. Here is the tricky part-I have never found any Z00 rhythm files anywhere to download for my PX575 (anybody else?) but there are a huge number of "CKF" rhythm files available-including several I have uploaded here in the PX560 user area for uploaded files .and others here have posted ckfs-search for CKF at this forum. The European Casio website-where you download the older IDES 4.0, also has some rhythm files for download, mine are better if you like funky back-up patterns (cheap promo!)

I have transferred my ckfs into my SD card (PX575 uses SD) once i designed these with the IDES 4.0 and now can play these as auto-arrangements in the PX575, i believe any ckf rhythm file will be able to be played on the WK3000-but once these are saved in the WK3000-you have to do that first-these will now be labelled as Z00 files, which the WK will do automatically-and if you re-save these back into the SD card, you will see thes now as Z00 files rather than ckf....doesn't matter unless you want to use these ckfs in another Casio that does not read the Z00 format, but can read the ckf format but you will have those saved in your computer as well once you download them. I have custom-made a few which play in the PX560 and the older 575. 

The only other info I will post as this is already getting overly long-winded! is regarding software for this Casio, but you may not want to bother as it gets a bit more involved but could be interesting to you.

Google Casio IDES 4.0 and you will find a software program specifically designed for these older Casios which you can use for a surprising number of powerful features if you connect the WK to the computer. I use it for the PX575, and it allows for saving and loading any of the file types the WK/PX575 and others in this series can handle-also a cool virtual drawbar screen which allows for switching the leslie slow/fast for organs as well as realtime drawbars. A rhythm converter for converting midi files to rhythm accompaniment files-which I used to create the ckf's i uploaded here. The PX575 even allows for wav sample loading and saving, and there is a sample editor in the IDES 4.0 package, not sure if the WK3000 can do this. 

IDES 4.0 is only necessary for these more advanced functions and allows for saving/loading anything compatible with the WK back and forth from the computer to the WK. Most times I just use a card reader in my laptops, as anything you create in the WK will save itself in the "musicdat" folder, as long as you save whatever it is to the card.

I know this is alot to chew over, but these older Casios are still pretty useful IMO, the Wks in particular show the direction Casio was eventually going to go with the newer WKs, PX CDP CGP Privias and now MZ-X and CTX machines. There are a few other experts with these older Casios that may pitch in too,-Brad, Chandler, AnotherScott-"T", AlenK of course Mike Martin (the Dali Llama of Casioland) and others sorry if I left anyone out here at the Casio music awards post,:applause: we've done alot of work with rhythm files design and implementation, this is probably the best source you will find anywhere on the web. Don't worry be happy!

:www.MessenTools.com-Frutas-pianodance::www.MessenTools.com-Frutas-pianodance:

Many Thanks Jokeyman123

brilliant reply

I will read your reply  a few times and inwardly digest...brilliant.I dont have a manual as it was a used keyboard but do have a dvd on how to use. I don't have a card reader as yet,....so wouldn't know how to format it as yet .......will have  to google etc.as mentioned I'm very much a novice, please keep the replies coming all or if you have any more info jokeyman 123

appreciate your help

Really appreciate that ........I have printed it off, all 148 pages, got some heavy reading to do, hopefully It will help me.... improve. Im very much into the 60s music Beatles Stones etc....hopefully when I master the keyboard I can  trawl the internet for sheet music, preferably free downloads, also like the classics too.......any assistance appreciated

Many Thanks

One more thing...like Columbo used to say.....for sheet music....I use Musescore for Linux or Windows,

https://musescore.org/en

which plays and illustrates any kind of score or sheet music, plus will search and find a huge database of files that it can open and play. All the files i've found so far download as a pdf and Musescore file for viewing or printing. I haven't checked for 60s music but I have found some pretty difficult to find classical music. I like this one in particular because it has the built-in file search function, and can read and play anything from a simple one-line melody to a full orchestral score. I've used many programs similar but this is open-source and is supported by the developers, and it works! Very important! 

And another less complex program I am using alot lately after working my way through seemingly endless notation programs-but more for piano 1-2 hand parts. It has a very good database of songs built-in but will also load and play any .mid/smf files you download. Not as complex or full a program as Musescore but is very good for a quick way to study notes...has a variety of classical pieces and a bunch of simpler tunes to work on. and the score page scrolls-turns pages for you as it plays. Both software programs are "freeware" but donations are accepted by their developers. 

http://midisheetmusic.com/

I remember Columbo......will have a look at the midisheet music.I'm already signed up to Musescore, so it shows I am on the right lines.I will keep you updated

I see you are in Pennsylvania. I like Glen Miller stuff as well, (Pennsylvania 65000)  my Dad was a great Fan. I live in Kent UK, 68 years old retired just started learning piano....hope I am  not too late

Its never too late-we are exactly the same year 68. yes, PA has a rich heritage of big band musicians, both Tommy and Jimmy Dorsey were born in PA, the Martin guitar factory is in the Lehigh Valley, and Bethlehem is experiencing a resurgence of live music venues in a big way. Amazing time to learn new things-we've live long enough to see incredible changes. tutorials all over the place for just about anything from building a rocket to cleaning your belly-button! Watch how the masters played-Horowitz was one of my favorites, although Rubenstein was gifted as were so many-my father was selected to be Horowitz's personal assistant back in the 40s, dad knew his way around NYC growing up but he had his sites on my mom after the war...dad not Horowitz... and decided not to travel with him. Good thing, I'd never be here (well I think that's a good thing, there are others who might not agree, oh well)!  One of the reasons I badly wanted to learn the piano-and I have learned it badly..... :hitt:

Hi Mayo

Have tried midi file it says download flash, does this mean adobe flash or something else. I have googled the issue and apparently its not compatible with flash, sounds very tinny......all I'm after, is something to download to the wk3000, so to enable me to play right handed either on y lk125 or the wk3000

thanks

You don't need flash for much of anything anymore-it is a proprietary program for displaying streaming content on websites, some websites ask for it to be activated. make sure if you do download it, you get it at Adobe's official website. Most browsers now use html5 which is built into browsers-the code is already there for most streaming media. Flash has also had a history of bringing dangerous hacks/viruses into people's machines. If what you need to do on the comouter works, I wouldn't bother with flash. No Casio or midi information that I know of needs flash to run. Microsoft Visual C++ in at its various versions is used by some computer music software-I think Anvil Studio will automatically install it if you install Anvil Studio. I have 5 different versions of it, but I have a ton of software new and old that needed it to run.

As far as Beatles midis-not all are very good but here is my collection. Some are several versions of the same song, I'm not sure even if all the midis are really Beatles-I have every album and mp3 except the Liverpool sessions (correction-I have the Liverpool sessions as mp3s) and a few others put out after the fact. There are 310 midis here, that should solve your Beatle problem!  And the Beatles did alot of obscure covers not released except as archived or bootleg, so there you are.....

beatles.zip

Hi Jokeyman 123 really appreciate you sending the Beatles zip, unfortunately I cannot open the file I don't have winzip etc. I'm about to open a chat on "Synthesia" which support' s windows and allows you to play whilst watching the notes "fall down on your computer". Have you any knowledge of this, or anything similar . I may also put up on the general forums to see if any response

Thanks