Video Files on Forum ×

Triggering envelopes question

Tom banjo

This thread is strictly concerning using the syn as an effect processor.

Newbie here again. I have my external input figured pretty good .I am staying in solo sync.Adding effects or not.Creating tones and performances without accidentally   erasing them ha ha. I know my way around on the envelopes and the few effects it has. It seems the envelopes are going to be a good place to piddle. I have tones for each envelope created. Pitch follow on one.No pitch follow on another.

Anyway here is the question.My usual  way ''when stacking tracks''on my digital recorder is this.The recorder puts forth clock out . I set a tempo on it. My other processors either receive clock in or I do the math and punch it in. The xw so far is doing best withr external trigger. According to Alen  I do not get a true  envelope retrigger when I sync to clock. I have not touched the virtual cc buttons yet because I would be back to square 1.I really don't need to slave to my recorder but I would like to set the tempo, push a button, hit a key on hold ,then get a retrigger on the beat. .Is there a way?

Thanks Tom