Video Files on Forum ×

Problem with the registrations

vbdx66

Hi,

I am trying to play a jazz tune and I am using Variation1 of the rhythm for the 1st verse and Variation2 for the 2nd verse. So I am using a registration with Synchro/Start and Normal in Reg slot 1 and Synchro/Start and Variation in Reg slot 2.

When I push on the Reg1 button and start playing my chords with the left hand, everything goes smoothly for the first verse. Then I push on Reg button 2 to recall the settings for the second verse and... when I start playing the chords with the left hand, the auto-accompaniment system plays the Normal pattern again, not the Variation.

I have encountered the same issue both with internal and with user rhythms. What am I missing here?

Thanks for helping.

4 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

To clarify my post above, registrations cannot store rhythm controller status.  In other words, if you're playing variation 3 and want to store variation 3 in a registration, it's not possible.   

Hi Brad, this is too bad. I guess I'll have to find a workaround. This is not a big issue excepted that if you want to change registration, for instance to change the Upper1 voice and at the same time get a fill, then move from Normal to Variation, you have to press three buttons in a row, which is kind of complicated. I would have thought that storing a rhythm variation in a Reg would have been something quite obvious. I guess I took that for granted because on my Yamaha DGX650 and all my previous Yamaha keyboards, including  lower-end models, itwass very easy to do this.

Thanks for helping anyway.