Video Files on Forum ×

End of MZ X500?

jibin.jacob3

Thanks guys, especially for the .DE link.  I think I'll go for that, click buy it now, but I won't pay up immediately as the seller will need to invoice me so to include shipping in the UK.  I imagine that they don't speak English with the listing being in German hence holding on until the invoice is sent.

Are UK power adapters easy to come by?  If not, and the box only includes a Euro plug, then I'm pretty sure that I'm ok to use a Euro-UK travel adapter?

There is also 1 UK listing for an XW-G1 for £500 but the seller is only offering collection only.  The description does include the box so I have private-messaged him to ask if he'll use Parcelfore 48 I paid £15 extra, but haven't had a response yet and that was 2 days ago.

30 minutes ago, Benjy said:

Are UK power adapters easy to come by?  If not, and the box only includes a Euro plug, then I'm pretty sure that I'm ok to use a Euro-UK travel adapter?

If ith has a power cord, you could buy a  BS 1363 - figure 8 connector

13 hours ago, vbdx66 said:

And the MZ-X300 is currently at 299 € on the same website:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Casio-MZ-X300/401569700945?epid=1384050887&hash=item5d7f6b5c51:g:4KwAAOSwyQVcXUO0

I hope that Casio will do some follow-up. It would be very cool to have an AiX based board with HEX layer and all the physical controllers of the MZ-X500. Wait and see...

So close and yet so far- that ad says no shipping to the USA.  So dissapointed! 

I'm guessing there'll be no follow up to the MZ-X300/500.  Thats a tough market for Casio to crack.  At least with US prices, the PA 700 is only $200 more than the X500 and  with a 7" touch screen, a physical knob to adjust volume of accompaniment, video out and lyrics on the screen for karaoke, the PA 700 is a step up from the X500, at least in my book.  Though on second thought, the X500 has the organ/mix/hex layer sliders, which is awfully damn nice!  (I'm not pretending to be comprehensive, just pointing out some features that are important to me.  I use these boards for their speakers and sounds, hardly at all for the auto-accompaniment).

My guess is they'll continue to dabble, like with the 560, S1000-3000, etc., and provide a few arranger features on their boards but not another high end arranger board.

• 5 weeks later...

Since one week the Casio MZ-X300 is no longer available in Germany. They indicate that it is sold out. I still like to play it very much and especially the operation is very important for me - everything goes quickly by the hand. The good loudspeakers and the MIDI connections and line outputs are also practical. "I also like 2 intros, 4 variations, 2 endings, touch display and drawbar slider. I hope that Casio will try his hand at good arrangers again in the future. A qualitatively better keybed would be my first suggestion for an MZ X300 successor and with new improved sound chips a serious competitor against a Yamaha PSR S 670 or Korg PA 300 would be available. These are currently available in the price range of 600 EUR in Europe. Maybe Casio can easily compete with a successor of the MZ X 300 in this price class in the future. Also the color should still be a professional black.

• 3 months later...
On 4/28/2019 at 7:32 PM, roncist said:

Since one week the Casio MZ-X300 is no longer available in Germany. They indicate that it is sold out. I still like to play it very much and especially the operation is very important for me - everything goes quickly by the hand. The good loudspeakers and the MIDI connections and line outputs are also practical. "I also like 2 intros, 4 variations, 2 endings, touch display and drawbar slider. I hope that Casio will try his hand at good arrangers again in the future. A qualitatively better keybed would be my first suggestion for an MZ X300 successor and with new improved sound chips a serious competitor against a Yamaha PSR S 670 or Korg PA 300 would be available. These are currently available in the price range of 600 EUR in Europe. Maybe Casio can easily compete with a successor of the MZ X 300 in this price class in the future. Also the color should still be a professional black.

Try one of these retailers in neighboring Poland; they carry the MZ-X500 for PLN 3400 ~ € 780. https://geizhals.eu/casio-mz-x500-a1548868.html

• 3 months later...
21 hours ago, Majek Skateboards said:

I see this one Casio is more than double the price of the latest, next highest priced one, the CTX-5000 for $449.

Being new to keyboards again after years away, the CTX and new AIX sound engine equals or surpasses the higher end Yamahas I heard years ago which were thousands.

The Casio MZ-X is Casio's top of the line arrangers.
CT-X Line is Enhanced CTK Line

• Thanks 1

Thank you!

That’s what I thought but wasn’t sure about CTX being enhanced.

Is something like the WK workstations above the CTK or even above the CTX?

The CTX 3000 and CTX 5000 look simply amazing as an arranger and workstation. But there’s a reason Casio doesn’t call the CTX full workstations. Is this because the CTX all have only 61 keys? 

WK models are just the 76 key version of some equivalent 61 key CTK model with identical specs except for the number of keys.  Casio calls the 61 key CTK models"Portable Keyboards" and the 76 key WK models "Workstations".  Currently, there are no 76 key equivalents of the CT-X models.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, - T - said:

WK models are just the 76 key version of some equivalent 61 key CTK model with identical specs except for the number of keys.  Casio calls the 61 key CTK models"Portable Keyboards" and the 76 key WK models "Workstations".  Currently, there are no 76 key equivalents of the CT-X models.

A 76 key AIX-Powered CTX would be insane. Where do I line up?

I do love my wife’s WK and the sound patches sound pretty amazing already. I assume the sound engine of the WK is the same as the CTK.

Majek

The sound engines and song recorders of the WK-2XX models are older and simpler than those of the CTK/WK-6XXX/7XXX models, which are, in a sense, the predecessors of the current CT-X models.  The WK-2XX models generate the older CM2 song file format, instead of the newer CMS Song Sequencer format of the newer boards.  The WK-2XX models share most of their specs with the 61 key LK "Lighted Key" models and are an integral part of Casio's "learning" series boards with on-screen fingering diagrams and other features to facilitate the music learning process.

- T -

• Thanks 1

Many thanks. I did notice the sounds from my CTK-2500 are slightly different than those from my WK-245 and the two were bought new within weeks of each other. 

I do love them both and I will go USB to Cubase  with the WK-245, and go 1/4" plug through interface box with the CTK-2500 into Cubase.

I think of both different keyboards as equal arsenals to use for blasting music. LOL. 

Again, all you experts are great!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/26/2020 at 4:41 PM, Rick Sterling said:

The MZ-X500 is still being promoted as a current product on the manufacturer's web site.

https://www.casio.com/products/electronic-musical-instruments/music-arrangers

Whether your local distributors and/or retailers choose to sell it are their choice.

I've found this on Twitter dated 17 Feb 2020

• 2 weeks later...

* Yo soy de lima perú, y aqui aun hay casio mzx500 en venta.

Por que aqui les gusta mas trabajadores los sonidos de trompetas, trombones, saxos, y que tenga 2 íconos para los mp3 y midi como los korg pa700

Casio logro mejoras en sonidos con los ctx5000 pero a ese teclado le falta multicapas para que sea atractivo aqui

Pues a pesar de tener 64 de polifonia.

Su utilidad asiática seria buena para los músicos q tocan en grupos de cumbia y rock y hasta en orquesta de salsa

El peor error de casio fue quitarle la funcionalidad de exlayer a los casio mzx300 que solo tiene 4 multipads,

Le quito el encanto y al pareser le habra quedado muchos de ellos en el mercado ehh. Que falta de ingenio que no solucionarón, lo unico de bueno ante ctx 5000 con sonidos mas editados vs mzx300 que tiene pantalla tactil.