Video Files on Forum ×

JS Pentatonic Blues - CT-X800

Hi Guys,

This is my first attempt at recording myself in audio on the CT-X800 and I must say that I dearly miss the feature of recording the keyboard audio output directly on an USB stick of my Yamaha DGX650.

Since I have problems with my audio interface, an old Alesis iO2, I tried to record myself through the Aux In of my Yamaha DGX650. It worked - sort off. I must have missed something, because the stereo image of the recording is totally wrong (almost all the output went through the left channel). This is why I converted the original WAV. file to a mono MP3 file.

I used tone n°54 "JS Organ" and rhythm n°34 "Shuffle Blues".

Anyway, here is the track, listen to it and I hope you'll appreciate it although it is in mono:

I'll record it again in stereo either when I'll figure out how to achieve this on the DGX650, or when Ill have sorted out the problem with the Alesis iO2, or else when I'll have a new digital audio interface (preferably one that'll be compatible with my iPad).

Enjoy, all comments welcome 😉

• Like 2

Thanks 🙂

Unfortunately, on the CT-X800, all effects are presets so you can’t neither modify nor deactivate them (or apply an effect to a sound which doesn’t already have one applied to it).

Practically, if I want to use a tone with a Leslie, I must check whether any preset organ sound has a Leslie applied to it by default. I think there is a “Full Drawbar” sound somewhere, must check.