Video Files on Forum ×

Chordana sustain pedal settings? (iOS 12.3.1 on iPad 6th gen)

RCF

Using Chordana play for piano app with ipad on the  px s3000 fails to allow/set sustain pedal on casio sp34 3 pedal unit.  Chordana shows options, but will not make the changes. After disconnecting iPad  I must reboot the piano to gain control of sustain pedal. Anyone else with this problem? Any solutions?

Edited by Brad Saucier
Clearer thread title added

RVOKOMS MIDI cable adapter 3.3 foot USB 2.0 Interconnections Converter Midi keyboard.  From Amazon. PLEASE don't tell me that only Apple brand cables work! I purchased the Ipad just for use with the PX S3000 because my Samsung Tablet would not connect at all. If you know of a solution that works, please post.

21 hours ago, RCF said:

RVOKOMS MIDI cable adapter 3.3 foot USB 2.0 Interconnections Converter Midi keyboard

that product

Not a lot of reviews, most are good, two are bad. One of the good reviews says that sometimes they have to unplug and reconnect. The description claims it's for this kind of purpose. I would play around with it and make sure everything else works including GarageBand, playing instruments on the iPad, etc. 

Maybe and hopefully someone with the PX-S3000 will chime in and talk about their experience with using the SP34 with Chordana Play for Piano.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/26/2019 at 9:34 AM, RCF said:

Using Chordana play for piano app with ipad on the  px s3000 fails to allow/set sustain pedal on casio sp34 3 pedal unit.  Chordana shows options, but will not make the changes. After disconnecting iPad  I must reboot the piano to gain control of sustain pedal. Anyone else with this problem? Any solutions?

Hi: I have same  issue. Purchase a genuine Apple to Usb connect  and it still would not deal with sustain pedal. VERY DIAPPOINTED. I PRBOBABLY WOULD HAVE PURCHASED A YAMAHA SINCE I CAn’t use Chordana app for piano and sustain pedal simultaneously.  Casio should have cautioned pxs3000 prospective purchases since Stage gigs with the rig are Chordana dependent.👎

I believe I was misled with my purchase of a Casio pxs3000.  I purchased the instrument for gigs. No way sustain pedal and Chordana work together. Spent an extra 80.00 for Apple connector, cable and sustain pedal. Awful. And it took hours of research to discovery the incompatibility. I tried contacting Casio. No luck. Should have remained with Yamaha.

I have had the same frustrating problem trying the pxs3000 with chordana play and a pedal, and just discovered that it will work if you use the simple pedal that comes with the piano but not with the larger PS-1 pedal I bought. 

We'll, I can make the PS-1  pedal work as sustain if I use the assignable input and set it up using the panel on the s3000, but as soon as I start the chordana app it loses contact even though I make the same setting with the app...

hi

I purchased a traditional looking sustain pedal with switch. the damper jack is an on-off switch damper. Casio has an sp3  single pedal. My universal pedal works with and without Chordana for piano.

Edited by vortexno1
i misspelt

I discovered that the pedal was not the problem, it was the USB cable! I was using an original apple usb-lightning adapter with an ordinary usb cable, and when I switched to another (ordinary) usb cable it suddenly worked!

• Like 2