Video Files on Forum ×

PX-S3000 sends sustain pedal midi on 3 channels

Loving our new PX-S3000 but this issue is causing real headaches when recording midi with a sequencer and subsequent midi editing:

It always duplicates sustain pedal midi out on channels 2 and 3. I have not found a way to turn this off.

Any solutions? 

In Logic it's possible to add transform object with midi filters, but I just can't do that for the thousands of Logic files I'm working with.

I have further questions: 

1. I realise that changing this setting doesn't retain after power down, so needs to be registered in an bank area, right?

2. Recalling that bank does recall the pedal midi settings, but it doesn't recall a the midi function "Hi-Res velocity midi out off". Is there a way recall that with it?

3. Is there a way to automatically load a bank area on power up, without having to recall? Or is there a way to permanently change the power-up default state with the altered pedal midi settings and the altered midi setting?

Many thanks

^^^^ I'm looking at purchasing the PX-S3000 and this would be a question that I too have.  In addition, if I'm going to use the S3000 mostly as a VSTi controller,  I assume there is a function for "local off" so internal sounds are not being played (if not then I guess speakers off would have to suffice), can that too be part of a registration and set as a default power on state?

Thank you Brad.  Much appreciated.  

I also have another thread in which the answer has not been provided.  Perhaps you could help me with this question.  Does the "smart scaling" feature on the PX-S3000 affect not only how the action triggers the internal sounds, but  does it affect how the action triggers external sounds (VSTi) over USB MIDI out into Painoteq or a DAW or Kontakt, etc...?