Video Files on Forum ×

simple tutorials

dunkieboy

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just received my 5000 this morning and absolutely love it. Well, except for the fact that I have no idea how to use it properly !  I was a little apprehensive about the 61 keys, never had less than 76 before. I feel a need to stretch my arms out a bit...feel just a bit cramped with 61. I'm hoping I get more used to it. I can read music but many years ago, I chose baseball over piano lessons and now i'm struggling a bit. I can play one-handed for melody but boy oh boy this thing has a lot of functions and that user manual just crams it all together. Kind of hard for a senior  citizen to grasp it all. I need some lessons, not piano lessons, but how to use the 5000. 

• Like 1

Thank you. For now, I just want to be able to play a few Christmas songs. It's been awhile, I probably need a refresher course in just normal piano playing. I forgot how to cross over my hands when going up an octive. That's how far behind I am. Where exactly is the 'mixer' on this keyboard? I keep seeing people talking about mic problems and to make sure the 'mixer' is set correctly. Which part is the mixer? 

Okay.  Here is a mixer crash course ......

Power on the CT-X5000.  Press and hold the button labeled "mixer".  You'll see the display change when the mixer opens.  Notice the very bottom line of the display reads MIXER, SONG and SYSTEM.  Those indicators tell us that the mixer is now open and which "part group" we are viewing.  Initially we are seeing the "system" tracks of the "song" recorder.  We can use the left or right cursor buttons to navigate between channels.  You'll see the part number flashing, which indicates the current part.  There are two more part groups of the mixer.  If we continue to press the cursor buttons, we'll navigate to other part groups as the display loops to the next section.  We'll continue to see the bottom line of the display indicate various part groups as we navigate through the mixer. The other part groups are..

Song Solo  - solo tracks of the MIDI recorder

MIDI In - parts for sounds generated by MIDI input 

"E" External - Audio In jack

Keyboard - upper and lower tones

Rhythm - rhythm parts

Once we navigate to a part we want to adjust, we can start changing settings.  Initially we see the Part ON/OFF setting on the screen, so we can turn parts on and off.  To select other parameters we can adjust, simply use the up or down cursor buttons.  Each parameter is adjustable with either the plus and minus buttons or the data wheel.  Resetting a parameter is done by pressing both plus and minus at the same time.  Pro tip: We can navigate left and right to other mixer parts while any part parameter is displayed.  For example, if we're adjusting volume on upper 1, we can press the right cursor button to jump to upper 2 and quickly adjust that volume level as well.  The same applies to all other mixer parts and parameters. 

Save any mixer settings for the keyboard part group by storing a new registration. 

Hope this helps!  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 2:06 PM, DonB said:

I just received my 5000 this morning and absolutely love it. Well, except for the fact that I have no idea how to use it properly !  I was a little apprehensive about the 61 keys, never had less than 76 before. I feel a need to stretch my arms out a bit...feel just a bit cramped with 61. I'm hoping I get more used to it. I can read music but many years ago, I chose baseball over piano lessons and now i'm struggling a bit. I can play one-handed for melody but boy oh boy this thing has a lot of functions and that user manual just crams it all together. Kind of hard for a senior  citizen to grasp it all. I need some lessons, not piano lessons, but how to use the 5000. 

Yes Sir, 5 weeks and I am still in the dark about changing effects, etc. The sound is fantastic, especially through a good pa system. I just can not follow the chopped up instructions.   PLEASE do a video on how to actually change up the tones.

• Like 1