Video Files on Forum ×

power supply for Px-S series?

leeskeys

Just about all the cabinet-less PX models use the same 12V power adapter, as well as the CDP130, CDP-135, CDP-S100, and CDP-S350. I'm sure the PX-x50 and the PX-x60 models use it (again, excluding the ones with cabinets, such as PX-7x0, PX-8x0, etc.).

All that being said, I'd wonder why so many PX-S1000 models were on eBay already, and without power adapters. That seems a little shady to me. I doubt they come with the warranty at the very least.

On 8/20/2019 at 3:52 AM, Joe Muscara said:

I doubt they come with the warranty at the very least.

Warranty is in effect to "original owners" only (not transferable), and only if they purchased their keyboard from an authorized Casio dealer/reseller.  So for those thinking they can purchase a used keyboard and get (or continue) a warranty with it, that's not going to happen.... at least not from Casio... but sometimes a 'big box retailer' (ie: Guitar Center, etc) might offer their own limited warranty.  BTW: This is how all keyboard manufacturers warranties work, not just Casio.

On 8/20/2019 at 12:52 PM, Joe Muscara said:

Just about all the cabinet-less PX models use the same 12V power adapter, as well as the CDP130, CDP-135, CDP-S100, and CDP-S350. I'm sure the PX-x50 and the PX-x60 models use it (again, excluding the ones with cabinets, such as PX-7x0, PX-8x0, etc.).

All that being said, I'd wonder why so many PX-S1000 models were on eBay already, and without power adapters. That seems a little shady to me. I doubt they come with the warranty at the very least.

For the first part it could be simply that a lot of kids got them found that piano is hard so they left to collect dust somewhere. Being a base model aimed at beginners it could be a reason. For the missing power supply, it's possible that in some markets the keyboard is sold without it an these are parallel import keyboards?

The power supply is multivoltage, so to use an European version in an US socket means to use a screwdriver a pair of scissor and a spare plug, like I do when I buy some appliance from abroad.