Video Files on Forum ×

Chordana won't work (Android)

ChordanaProblems

Alright, I am trying to get Chordana for Piano to work on my Android phone.

I have a printer cable (USB type B to USB type A)

Image result for printer cable

Then I tried two different, brand new, OTG microUSB cables (female USB type A to male microUSB) 

img.asp?id=1422&s=600

And since my phone has USB-C, I then connect the microUSB to USB-C adaptor.

But this isn't working, it doesn't even recognize that anything is connected to my phone at all. Every adaptor here works on its own, just doesn't seem to work with the piano. 

Should this chain of connections work, or does the connection only work if I have a USB type B to USB type C cable? Because from what I read here and elsewhere, this whole chain should work.

And yes, my phone is OTG compatible. Any ideas? Should I just pull the trigger and buy the printer to USB-C cable?

I'm not sure if that series of adapters would work or not. I don't have a USB C equipped device to try it with.  I do know that USB C devices do not require an OTG adapter. The Chordana connection guide recommends using a USB C to B cable directly, or use a USB C to standard USB adapter in series with a standard USB A to B printer cable.  

• 3 weeks later...

With my android phone (has older micro usb plug), I got Chordana Play for Piano app to work with the PX-S3000 using an OTG Micro USB to USB A-Female adapter and USB printer cable like you have pictured above.  I suspect some adapters are better than others.  So if you try one brand and it doesn't work, try another.  Has anyone successfully connected with a USB-C connector?

• 8 months later...

Its a pity that the PX  S3000 with Chordana Play for Piano is getting bad reports.  In answer to previous posts, I can confirm that I have got the app working on two motorola phones, one with micro usb and one with usb C with appropriate OTG adapters purchased on Ebay.  I have also recently got it working with a new Amazon Fire 7 (gen.9) - see a previous post, and another post on this forum confirms compatibility with the Amazon Fire 10 tablet.

It's true that there are many phones and tablets that have been reported not to work.  However, the app makes operation of the keyboard so much easier to use so don't give up on it

• Like 1