Video Files on Forum ×

Convert casio ckf files to AIFF or MP3 files

G.keys

What model of CTK or WK are you working with? Was this CKF file made using the onboard song recorder?

CKF files are not actual audio data, they’re a proprietary format used for storing recorded keyboard performances (like MIDI files). They can only be played back on keyboards that are compatible with CKF files, so no direct conversion to an audio file format like MP3 or AIFF will be possible.

The only way to save these CKF recordings as audio files is to record the audio output jack of the keyboard while you’re playing back the CKF recording on the keyboard itself. This will require the use of an external audio interface unless your computer has a dedicated mic input jack (and even then, a dedicated audio interface will always result in a higher quality recording). I can make some recommendations on interfaces if I know what model of keyboard you’re using.

• Like 1

I have a Roland XPS 10 and would really like to transfer some rhythms i have downloaded from the Casio data expansion website to use on the Roland ,but the rhythms are in ckf format and i dont have access to a casio wk or ctk keyboard to use the method you have suggested , i would really like to know if there are any other way to get these rhythms compatible for my Roland XPS 10 ??

Are you planning to use an audio recording of the Rhythms as sample loops on the XPS-10’s Audio Pads? If that’s the case, then you would need a CTK or WK keyboard to record the output as I explained previously. If you are going to borrow or rent a Casio keyboard to record these Rhythm loops, I would suggest looking for a CT-X series keyboard and not a CTK or WK. The CT-X series can accept .CKF Rhythms as well, but the internal sound source is much higher quality and will result in better sounding loops.

Some Roland instruments have the ability to import new Rhythm styles (not audio files, but accompaniment data like Casio’s CKF or AC7 Rhythms), but the XPS-10 only has preset rhythms, and even if it could import User Rhythms, the CKF format is proprietary for Casio instruments. You could potentially convert them to MIDI files and then convert those MIDI files into Roland format Rhythms, but again, the XPS-10 does not allow you to import Rhythm files at all.