Video Files on Forum ×

CGP-700 firmware

CGP55

Yes that may not be so or not at least where we can see the control.  sometimes file structure on the USB Stick can trigger an update.  either way I it could also be performed with some kind of MIDI control sequence too perhaps.  I am reaching at straws..

So if not perhaps an laptop editor could be used.  again wishful thinking. 

BTW I love the 700 as is and for what i had to pay it was a steal.

• 2 months later...

I'd like to see the CGP-700 updated so that its LCD screen can display the right hand melodies of the built-in chord progression songs (they are called Music Presets in the manual) like the Entertainer and Greensleeves, so my 7 year old can learn the melodies and play along. Unfortunately, you have to play these from memory by ear, and with songs you've never learned like the Maple Leaf Rag, that's just not totally realistic.

Or as another option, if Casio could just publish a pdf with the right hand melodies for the Music Presets songs, that would be adequate.

I really don't see how Casio expects any of us to play along with the Music Presets. The Music Presets are essentially a useless gimmick for all but the most talented among us.