Video Files on Forum ×

CTK 4200 Samples

• 2 years later...

hmm, this is an old question and a good one indeed! I bought my CTK4200 recently at a Good Will thrift store for $30! I did NOT expect what I saw, and experienced when I picked this keyboard up and bought it! I figured it was just another cheap modern Casio with no real special features like all those CA100/SA21 type keyboards of the 90s and the CTK511s of the early 2000s. I was wrong.. dead wrong! This thing is almost like a limited basic WORKSTATION!! Whaaaaaaa??!!! 5 track midi recorder,custom rhythms,sampler?! And a nice custom blue lit LCD, and nice Piano style keys.. USB only midi, which is not so good since I wanted to use this as a cheap midi controller for my desktop and rack mount synths, but it works on LINUX as a usb midi device so I can control SOFT SYNTHS at least. Emm, I am curious too as to how to sample with this and load samples to it? There are 4 slots for custom melodic samples and 4 custom drum kit slots that can use samples too(that is the section I am most interested in, multisample drum kits). Soooo? how please? In the world, we use WAV.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...