Video Files on Forum ×

Pale Shelter - Tears for Fears

Can you tell I'm an 80's guy?  This is from 1983 and was a challenge to multi-track but has a very satisfying beat to use the PX560's arpeggiators on.  Did some considerable custom knob manipulation for several instruments (i.e. fade ins, pitch, etc.).  9 midi tracks consisting of:

1. Electro Pop rhythm on system track
  2. Grand concert piano
  3. DK Lead (hex) with arpeggiator style #81
  4. Finger bass 3
  5. Crunch gtr M2 with arpeggiator style #58
  6. Saw lead 1 (intro)
  7. Syn strings 3
  8. Nylon guitar 2
  9. Privia synth 2 (ending)

Pale Shelter.mp3

• Like 1

I liked it Tsquare.  And when it came up for me in Wavepad, I was glad to see how much headroom you left.  I'm always wondering if I leave enough.  Usually for my Yamahas and Casio, if I let the keyboard make the wav file they leave gobs of headroom that I have to either amplify in Wavepad or increase in a DAW.  My Korg pa600 doesn't generate wav files, only midi, so I use my portable Tascam recorder to get a wav file.  It's either that or pipe the output into my audio interface.  

Here's one of mine off the MZX500.

OneOctober.mp3

Thanks @Ronieaz.  I typically use the amplify effect in Audacity to get my WAV files from the PX560 to the appropriate peak dB since it automatically figures the correct amplitude increase without clipping.  Occasionally, I have to turn down the midi recording volume (from typical 127 value) on the PX560 if I have too many spikes in the audio/WAV file.  I like the relaxing style of your One October and how clear it sounds.  

On 10/19/2019 at 11:37 AM, Ronieaz said:

I liked it Tsquare.  And when it came up for me in Wavepad, I was glad to see how much headroom you left.  I'm always wondering if I leave enough.  Usually for my Yamahas and Casio, if I let the keyboard make the wav file they leave gobs of headroom that I have to either amplify in Wavepad or increase in a DAW.  My Korg pa600 doesn't generate wav files, only midi, so I use my portable Tascam recorder to get a wav file.  It's either that or pipe the output into my audio interface.  

Here's one of mine off the MZX500.

OneOctober.mp3 5.12 MB · 7 downloads

Ooo that sounds really nice, Ronieaz, :2thu:! An original tune? Listening while watching a clear sky sunrise Oct. 22 worked pretty well! Felt like I was watching a music video. Just right!