Video Files on Forum ×

finding smartcard with preloaded music

There are huge numbers of public domain classical music midi files online to download, just Google "classical .mid files" or similar. I cannot find a PRX 400 Casio-are you sure this is the right ID for your Casio? And I am guessing by smartcard you mean smartmedia card? Smartcards are Windows specific computer cards designed for only certain computers that have smartcard slots-I have  laptops like this. I don't think there are any keyboards that use these. Smart media cards are older-called SM cards also. Look like this...

smartmedia.jpg

Johnathon

He is talking about the Privia PX-400R, which, in fact, does use the old 3.3 volt Smart Media Card.

Murph

I very seriously doubt that you will find a Smart Media Card pre-loaded with anything, at all, let alone music files suitable for the PX-400R.  I do not know of any keyboard manufacturer that ever provided that type of after-market support for any of their keyboard models.  Smart Media Cards are late 90's and very early 2000's technology.  By 2004, they had pretty much been replaced by the current SD Memory Card (not interchangeable with Smart Media Cards) and USB Flash (Thumb) Drive technology.  Today, Smart Media Cards are about as rare as hen's teeth.  It can be difficult to find even a blank one.  More difficult is finding a card reader/writer to connect it to your computer so that you can load files onto it.  Do you, by any chance, currently have a Smart Media Card for the PX-400R and a computer reader/writer for it?  As Jokeyman stated above, you should be able to download Standard MIDI Files (SMF's) from various sources on the internet, using all due precautions against viruses and malware, and load them onto a Smart Media Card for playback on the PX-400R.  There are several alternative ways of going about this, but the instructions for any of them are a bit too lengthy to go into here, without first knowing what equipment you currently have available to you and your preferences/interests.  Let us know, and we will proceed from there.

In the meantime, I am wondering if you are aware that the PX-400R has 80 built-in songs, the first 50 of which are "piano only" performances and the last 30 use the PX-400R's Auto-accompaniment features to provide other instrument (orchestration/band) sounds.  For background "party" or "entertainment" or "elevator" music purposes, these can be set to loop endlessly.  See Page E-17 of the PX-400R manual.  You can even mute the right or left hand part of a built in song to play along with the other hand for practice/learning.  See Page E-19.  If you need a copy of the manual, you can download a free copy from:

https://support.casio.com/en/manual/manualfile.php?cid=008017021

Regards,

- T -

I currently play a PX575-also called the PX410-which is very close to the PX400-except the 400 has midi din connections and the PX410/575 doesn't-only USB for midi. there are a few other differences but the same keybed and tones, I think. 

Now the PX410/575 uses the SD cards, not the SM-smartmedia cards. If one looks at that notorious auction website whose name I won't mention-not supposed to recommend vendors here-one can fine SM cards, not overly expensive from the right vendor, and usb card reader/writers-again not overly expensive from the right vendor-I have 2 readers, and several SM cards, since some of my older equipment (including a digital camera) used those SM cards. Many of the USB multi-card readers you will see on e*** or Ama**** also can be used for smartmedia cards and SD (secure digital) cards with one reader device.  That extra PRX threw me.Casio makes watches some of which use the prx designation.  Hope this all solves your problem, Murphman