Video Files on Forum ×

Upcoming WK?

Hi, I would like to know if there's any information regarding a new Wk for 2020. I'm in the middle of making a decision for 76 keys, I owned a Roland Juno DS-88 sold it to get the FA-08 and I'm really considering getting the JUNO DS-76, what hold me to make a final decision is the onboard inability to playback MIDI files. My last Casio was the WK3700 and the WK series up to the WK7600 has been greatly improved. 

Now with the addition of the CT-X series, I wonder if Casio will update the WK series with the CT-X technology with the added keys of course. 

Any thought on this or information about this matter? Thanks.

New products at Casio are usually announced in January and July at the NAMM shows.  This is when everyone finds out what new models will be coming.  The latest new product line is the Casiotone CT-S series. These were announced this past July at the NAMM show and are beginning to hit the streets currently.  If any new products are ready for launch next January, they will be announced then.  Until then, we can only wait and dream.  

6 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

If any new products are ready for lunch next January, they will be announced then.

Careful with your spelling, Brad, or you may end up having to eat your words !

Sorry! Just couldn't let this little chestnut get away unscathed. 😁

- T -

Thanks Brad and I understand NAMM is the place where new product is unveiled. Now my question is more about if there's any unofficial information out there. Casio has been unpredictable revealing new products at NAMM, Roland and Yamaha has been more consistent about rumors, Casio in the other end is like always doing the opposite of what consumer may expect, which it's okay. I think the WK series need a revamp like they did with CTX and 76 keyboard sharing the CTX engine maybe  borrowing some pianos from privia models would be a hit or a Privia's 76 keys version of the PX560 which is a well rounded synth/workstation/performance keyboard. 

The 76 keys market in the budget segment (Below $1K) has very few worth to notice competitors, Juno DS76 and Casio WK-7600, i don't know if it's because the demand or pricing reason but even Korg doesn't have a KROSS 2 76. 

Doing numbers and be rational if Casio comes with a new flagship WK 76 keys model even if the price tag is in $600-800 would be reasonable considering the void in the that market segment for 76 keys. And 76 keys are great because you can play most piano intended songs without the extra weight (with the exceptions of the Yamaha S70 and some Nords).