Px-780 to digital recorder

Stacie Devaney

I’m figuring out how to record tracks to accompany my middle school choirs.  At this point, I’m manually recording the tracks to voice memos or videos on the iPad.  As in, it records all background sounds in the room.  I can’t seem to get the usb to pc to work.  (School computer, lots of firewalls, and little tech help). Thumb drive doesn’t seem to format correctly.  Does anyone have a suggestion on how to simply plug something in and digitally record the 5 tracks so I can start making new ones?  I’m 48, and kind of old school when it comes to technology.

Hi Stacie.  There are two USB ports on the PX, one is for a cable connection to a PC and is for transmitting MIDI data. This connection does not transmit audio data.  For audio, you can use a USB flash drive to record audio data directly on the keyboard.  It will be stored as a WAV file that can be copied to your computer.  Is your flash drive a new one?  It should be formatted correctly out of the box.  Can you describe what steps you have tried so far with the flash drive?