Video Files on Forum ×

Father Christmas arrived early (Casiotone CT-S300)

Chas

Look what arrived today!

Have had a quick test/ play on it this afternoon. Some great sounds in this board, and the Dance Mode feature is a lot of fun! 😎

I will have to pack it up again shortly as it's supposed to be an Xmas present 😞

Roll on December 25th!

IMG_20191202_141154.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, vbdx66 said:

Hi @Chas and @Brad Saucier so after one month of usage what do you really think of the CT-S300? Did it go beyond your expectations ?

Vinciane

Hi @vbdx66,

My CT-S300 is my next project in line for test and review. I'm currently finishing putting together a comprehensive review of my SA-76, once I've done that then I'm going to be diving into the CT-S as deep as I can. I'm actually itching to get using the CT-S, but have to focus on finishing the current project first.

I did test out the CT-S300 for about a week after it arrived to ensure that all was functioning and correctly working. Initial impressions are that I like it a lot, it's a really nice quality product. The keyboard has excellent feel and velocity response, which is a big plus as one of the reasons I bought it was to also use it as a MIDI keyboard. Its 5 octave range, bend wheel and compact footprint makes it ideal for having it on my main desk, plus it has lots of very usable onboard sounds and features. 

It's not perfect and there's a couple of areas that it lacks. But overall, it certainly seems to be another superb and value for money keyboard from Casio. There's not much out there to rival it at its price point.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...