Video Files on Forum ×

Intro and a couple questions

ranczar

Hello, new PX-560 owner here as of mid November, 2019.  

I was poking around the Casio site and found the downloads page.  There I found something called a Patch Script.  Can anyone tell me what that would be used for?  Is it for sound creation?  My sound programming experience is limited to Casio’s CZ series, via manual input and a patch editor running on a Mac 512k!

Has anyone else tried using the Casio VP-2 pedal (from the CZ era) as an expression pedal?  I did, and was successful, but with a little twist. After taking the steps required to have the 560 recognize the pedal and then setting the min and max amounts, the pedal worked in reverse.  Pressing the toe down reduced the volume and pressing the heel down increased the volume.  

Can anyone tell me if Casio makes and sells a dust cover for the 560?  I’d like to get one that fits properly, so any suggestions for one like that are welcome.  

Nice to see this active community!

Congrats on the new PX-560.  Well, patch scripts are for use with DAW software on a computer.  Basically, the scripts are instructions that tells the software what tones are on the PX-560 and how to access them.  It makes it easier to select tones when sequencing and such.  

As far as the pedal, if it's working in reverse after pedal calibration, you can edit the min and max values for the expression pedal under controller editing.  Swapping the min max values will reverse the operation.  Save this as a registration.  

As far as the cover, Casio does not make a dust cover.  You'll need to find a third part cover.  Personally, I use my Privia gig bag to cover my PX-5S when not in use.  It's not as visually tidy like a custom cover, but it does work for dust.  

• Like 1