Video Files on Forum ×

JS Minor PEntatonic Blues - Stereo version

vbdx66

Hi guys,

Here is a stereo recording of the JS Minor Pentatonic Blues made with the CT-X800 that I posted here some time ago but unfortunately in mono because at the time I didn't have the proper gear to record myself.

A few days ago, I bought an old MacBook white 2008 with integrated digital audio interface, I installed Audacity on it and re-recorded the track, in stereo this time.

"JS" because I used tone n° 54 "JS Organ", a B3 Hammond sound in memoriam of the great Jimmy Smith. The rhythm I used is n°24 "Shuffle Blues".

All comments are more than welcome 😎

JS Minor Pentatonic Blues.mp3

• Like 4

3 hours ago, vbdx66 said:

Hi guys,

Here is a stereo recording of the JS Minor Pentatonic Blues made with the CT-X800 that I posted here some time ago but unfortunately in mono because at the time I didn't have the proper gear to record myself.

A few days ago, I bought an old MacBook white 2008 with integrated digital audio interface, I installed Audacity on it and re-recorded the track, in stereo this time.

"JS" because I used tone n° 54 "JS Organ", a B3 Hammond sound in memoriam of the great Jimmy Smith. The rhythm I used is n°24 "Shuffle Blues".

JS Minor Pentatonic Blues.mp3 2.41 MB · 4 downloads

nice job !  however obvious not a b3   like most of the times with digital

keyboards  but still a Hammond sound :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, vbdx66 said:

Hi guys,

JS Minor Pentatonic Blues.mp3 2.41 MB · 4 downloads

couple of moths ago I sold my Viscount DB-3  organ module   made a quick  raw  android movie clip for the buyer  ...and sold the module  just found the movie clip again  .

After that I bought the casio ct-x800 .

The  DB-3 is hooked up to the Wk-1800  midi think the sound is more close to a B3  even so on the android mic .:)    

P.s dont mind my hubby's belly he said it is his trademark whhh 😛

• Like 2

9 hours ago, HELVETIA said:

Well I don't know whether this sound is supposed to mimick a B3 or not. @Mike Martin said patch no 54 was labelled "JS Organ" because of Jimmy Smith but I guess he played various organs by Hammond and also other brands, not just the B3.

The Viscount seems to be a nice unit.

So both your husband and you are playing the keyboard, right? This must be nice.

Cheers 🙂

Edited by vbdx66
Typo

Yes but I am playing Thai and l and Latin music (I try ) lol

Husband grew up Hammond  organs he repaired played and teach  at peoples home playing organ  .

ok Hubby takes over lol  

what I know about Jimmy   B3 sound was his trademark  he hardly played other organs    I saw him 1 time

on a A-100 what have the same tone generator as the B3 only different casing  .

he played on  the German Wersie  organ but moved back the the B3 .

Even so when Hammond quit to build new tone-wheel based organs     smith asked  to continue the B3

production  but due changing in electronics and more other organ brands came who where more  modern updated also the first portable keyboards came out  and  the the high production cost they stopped the tone-wheel  production lines .

Almost nothing sounds as a real B3   only the  A100 and the M3  as far I know  . (talking about the real ones )

for many years many companies  trying to copy the sound    and there are a few good ones  ( Hammond-suzuki  ,North  ,and yes even Yamaha now  there are a few more   ! but cost big $$$ 

everything else sounds like a regular Hammond organ   like a L-100  , H.100 , and is not bad but it's not a B3  or JS sound  as they like to name  it . go to youtube look for a b3 clip and  any other clone  .   

Also  a leslie speaker and the organ  by it self got tube amps .  

You now stuck in my  Hammond web     hhh   Hammond organ  sound was and is my soul  :) .   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sslyutov said:

Cultural barrier ;)

That’s from soviet time movie “Ordinary Miracle”

I like your recording. 🆒

Watch the first 10 minutes. The time code is 10:02 - Tram Pam Pam

Turn on English caption

https://youtu.be/mzpJq23cuKc

OK now I understand. Thanks for your kind words about my recording. In French we would say « Supercalifragilistiquexpidélilicieux »from the French version of the American movie “Mary Poppins” with Julia Roberts 😎

”Ordinary Miracle” somewhat reminds me of the beautiful French musical « Peau d’Âne » by Jacques Demy and the then young French star Catherine Deneuve with the music of the late Michel Legrand. The following clip from the film is my favourite:

A young Prince is completely bored and depressive and he says to his mother the Queen that the only thing that would cheer him is a cake made by the outcast “Peau d’Âne” who is in reality the princess from the Blue Kingdom nearby. She is hiding in the woods because her own father, the king of the Blue Kingdom, wants to marry her after her own mother the Queen is dead (!).

To cheer up the Prince (whom she loves, actually), the Princess of the Blue Kingdom disguised as Peau d’Âne decides to bake a “love cake”. She puts her ring inside the cake, in this way the prince will be able to recognise here amidst the flock of unmarried girls invited to the royal court to try out the ring because only she has finger tiny enough to wear the ring...

Beautiful song IMO 🙂

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HELVETIA said:

couple of moths ago I sold my Viscount DB-3  organ module   made a quick  raw  android movie clip for the buyer  ...and sold the module  just found the movie clip again  .

After that I bought the casio ct-x800 .

The  DB-3 is hooked up to the Wk-1800  midi think the sound is more close to a B3  even so on the android mic .:)    

P.s dont mind my hubby's belly he said it is his trademark whhh 😛

I think JS stands for Johann Sebastian  ;)

• 1 year later...