Video Files on Forum ×

CT-X3000 cables and gear

DonTadeoINC

Hello. I am currently aiming to buy a Casio CT-X3000 and at the same time I am looking for gear to come with it for some field choir accompanying music.

I stumbled upon the topic of cables because I showed one of my friends the product I was aiming to buy, and that is a five-meter long unbalanced TS cable, as per the specs. I am not aware of such specs at the time. He then said that I should look for balanced cables and showed me an illustration of how it works. And so I did, and I added one to my online cart.

With curiosity striking me, I've further looked into the topic of balanced and unbalanced cables, and I must say, it got me tangled (pun absolutely intended). From what I have understood in general, unbalanced signals would not benefit from balanced cables.

I must now ask some questions to be properly informed by you guys.

First, what type of signal (or jack) does the Casio CT-X3000 have? And I must emphasize the model because I'm aware that line outputs are different between X3000 (mono?) and X5000 (L-R?), if there is really such difference inside.

Second, if the CT-X3000 has an unbalanced signal (or jack), would there be no advantage taken whatsoever if I'd use balanced cables? And, would there be any danger to my equipment if I do so, like improper voltages(???) (I'm not that into deeper technicals about electronics, sorry if I'm wrong) or some other stuff.

Lastly, how could I eliminate the possibility of humming, grounding, and noise coming through my gear?

I hope that there would be kind enough Samaritans that could help me with these inquiries of mine. I am an amateur organist from the Philippines and I've been longing to have proper gear for our field choir acts.

Oh and by the way, budget is strictly bound for the keyboard and cables only, mixers and boxes are out of reach for now.

Thanks in advance for kind responses!

Best regards,

Don

Abandoned?  This site is far from abandoned.  ;) You have to give people time to check in.  This is an independent user community.  

Line outputs are unbalanced on all Casio products.  Balanced cables won't work well directly connected to the Casio, but it won't harm the keyboard.  You can use adapters to convert to balanced if desired.  I've personally never had an issue while using unbalanced cables.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

Abandoned?  This site is far from abandoned.  ;) You have to give people time to check in.  This is an independent user community.  

Thank you. I thought I'm left here alone haha.

4 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

Line outputs are unbalanced on all Casio products.  Balanced cables won't work well directly connected to the Casio, but it won't harm the keyboard.  You can use adapters to convert to balanced if desired.  I've personally never had an issue while using unbalanced cables.  

Thank you for this. So I'm probably much better off with unbalanced cables with TS jacks?