Video Files on Forum ×

Sustain pedal not working CDP-S100

OscaR-

I bought my CDP-S100 only a month ago and now the sustain pedal seems to not be working at all. I've tried two different pedals, the one that came with the piano and a third party one. Neither of them worked so I think the issue might be with the piano itself. Every time I power it on it acts like the pedal is pressed down even if the pedal isn't connected. The only way I've managed to fix this is to press the local control function key twice. This just cancels the sustain effect but the pedals still don't work. I'm wondering if there is some kind of hidden setting enabled which ignores the pedal and just turns on the sustain effect (I have done the factory reset so I doubt it).

If you have had the same problem just let me know. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

22 minutes ago, Brad Saucier said:

I see.  Does it change anything if the NO/NC switch is changed?  Unfortunately, it seems more likely that the piano itself has some fault in the jack.  Does it feel loose?  You may need to have the piano serviced.  

No. The switch doesn't do anything.

The jack doesn't really feel loose but I guess I'll get the piano serviced since it's still covered by the warranty.

Thanks for the help anyways.

• 7 months later...

so i have a casio cdp-240R keyboard and a few weeks ago it fell down from being stood up improperly, and since then, the sustain pedal hasn't been working and only one ear on my headphones are working (they work perfectly fine otherwise). i've even purchased a new pedal but that didn't work either. is there anything i can do to fix this?

• 9 months later...

I have a Casio CDP S100 BK, been working great for years, one day the sustain pedal stopped working, the keyboard never gets moved nor the pedal gets unplugged, tested the pedal in another keyboard, works, tested another pedal in the Casio, didn't work, reading this forum I assumed it was the jack, I took the unit apart, removed and soldered in a replacement jack I got from Casio, still doesn't work, even tried a full factory reset, all this after the warranty is up and it is useless to me without a sustain pedal. Any ideas?

On 8/21/2021 at 6:36 PM, Riff1117 said:

I have a Casio CDP S100 BK, been working great for years, one day the sustain pedal stopped working, the keyboard never gets moved nor the pedal gets unplugged, tested the pedal in another keyboard, works, tested another pedal in the Casio, didn't work, reading this forum I assumed it was the jack, I took the unit apart, removed and soldered in a replacement jack I got from Casio, still doesn't work, even tried a full factory reset, all this after the warranty is up and it is useless to me without a sustain pedal. Any ideas?

There's another forum with the same problem. Someone hinted that running the demo reversed the problem. But then, I couldn't use the pedal correctly. I guess that's a common problem with this model, but haven't got to a solution; and with the covid, etc. couldn't get a technician to see it.