Video Files on Forum ×

The CT-390 Describes A War (Good God, Y'all!) Then Joins Me On Guitar

Here'* my YouTube de*cription *pecially prepared for the CMF:

The music at the beginning is not me. My stuff starts at 3:40. I don’t know artist or title, YouTube might put it in the description later. Cool movie on the tube, eh? Or as Space Dude would say, “freak-a**!” That’s his trademark catch phrase, a mash-up of “freak-out” and “kick-a**.” Next time you come upon something amazing say “whoa, man, that is FREAK-A**!” As you see, SD has traveled the universe exploring far-out worlds and meeting many groovy alien types. Just don’t mention giant slugs around him. He was swallowed by one once. He...ugh...got out…..by a means he’d rather not discuss. Sensitive subject, man. Unpleasant memories. Eeh, yuk!

When he leaves the tiny rest stop moon SD is singing some Steppenwolf Born To Be Wild, lyrics by Mars Bonfire. Then a nearby supernova hurls him onto the planet Nuori. In this series SD will find four civilizations at various stages of development. Nuori, which is a Finnish word for young or adolescent. Zreo, an eastern European word for mature. Marama, a Maori word for enlightened. And Velnias, a Lithuanian word for evil.

I love the old sci-fi flix of the 50’s with morals like “they tampered in God’s domain”, and warnings of the dangers of nuclear fallout, you know, like giant grasshoppers and whatnot. Episode 1 mentioned Knowledge. Now it’s time for Wisdom. Sure, you got your brain crammed to bursting with knowledge, but now what do you do with your smarts? Ah! Therein lies the rub! For it is not what you know, but how you use your knowledge that makes you wise! See how that works? The folks on Nuori learned the hard way. They {CMF edit: did not nice things to} their environment, they fiddled around with genetics, they carelessly poisoned their world with chemicals and nuclear waste. Then they fell into endless warfare, fighting over the last livable areas on their planet...THE FOOLS!! Poor Grong, the last inhabitant of Nuori, realized his mistakes too late. Sometimes the only way to gain wisdom is by getting burned by your mistakes. Will the Humans of Earth need to learn the hard way too? THE FOOLS!!

One of the many faces of SD is Dan Dare, British comic book hero. That’s one of my favorites. You see that face when he says “there’s been a war!” The others are various real astronauts and models. Grong is played by an alien dude on a Space 1999 episode that was on MST3K. At 14:50 SD belts out some Molly Hatchet Flirtin’ With Disaster, written by Banner Thomas, Danny Joe Brown and David Hlubek. Then as he sets a fledgling Cosmonet transponder free he weepily croons some Lennon/McCartney, Blackbird.

My guitar joins my Casio CT-390 at 17:27 for a riff that reminds me of Pete Townshend’s Let My Love Open The Door. I didn’t title that guit tune back in the 90’s when it was recorded but now I call it Transpoder 43. One of SD’s many jobs is space truckin’ (YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! SPACE TRUCKIN’!), and here he helps bring the intelligent species of the universe together by spreading Cosmonet transponders everywhere he goes. Communication brings understanding. When all share their knowledge and thoughts with each other the universe will live as one in peace and harmony! Awwwww!!!

At 18:50 SD is played by James Olson in the movie Moon Zero Two which I got from MST3K. SD needs to take a break so he puts his ship on cruise, cranks up the tunes, and lays back. His ship’s brain, the Frinkatron 9000, mm-hey, then plots a course to episode 3. The third was going to be the last episode, with the final moral bit about compassion but that is now pushed all the way to episode 9. I just started making these vids without a full story idea in mind, so it’s a little messy. Just like life. Things happen. Unexpected things happen. You get pushed and pulled around by the universe. And you try to make sense of it all. Good luck.

So, did you spot the Dude In the Red Spacesuit? That’s right, he’s hangin’ out in here somewhere too. I wish I had a prize for the first Red Dude spotter, like a secret decoder ring or something. That would have been cool. But at least you’ll feel the satisfation of being the eagle-eyed first one! Good luck!

*HEADPHONES IS MANDATORY, MAN!* All the stuff on my channel is best seen on a laptop screen and heard in headphones. Especially when there’s stuff to read like in this series.

The first episode was the shortest. The last one is one hour long...YARGH! When I see a YouTube vid over 10 minutes I think “oh man, I don’t have the time for that! Maybe later!” So just watch these when you have the time. When it’s a rainy day outside. When you got no work to do, all the chores are done. When you just want to “curl up with a good book.” When an invisible killer is stalking the Earth sniffing out every human it can find and you’ve got yourself sealed in your house and you want something to take your mind off the gathering darkness. Might as well watch these, eh? That last one sounds like an incredible sci-fi scene doesn’t it? All too real.

Good luck! Stay safe! Stay alive! And...stay tuned!