Video Files on Forum ×

I Play The CT-390 With My Feet In This One!

YT description:

As SD is preparing to land on the planet Zreo he’s listening to more of my Transponder 43 guit tune being played by a 5-armed Rigellian guitar god. Seriously, he’s a god! In the Rigel star system is a planet where the inhabitants have modeled their society on rock ‘n’ roll, similar to the Star Trek episode A Piece Of The Action where an entire planet is modeled after 1920’s Chicago gangsters. On planet Vrachos the top shredders battle it out in a sonic duel to determine who the next guitar god shall be, who will then rule supreme throughout all the world. Over the Fender Bender Hills and far away, cross the Gibsonia river, through the Rickenbacker Forest, atop the Marshall Mountains where the spirits go now, the titans of the six-strings clash!  With mighty thunderous rumblings of power chords shaking the planet and brilliant multihued sparks eminating from their magnetic pickups the top axe man and his challenger wow the Vrachosians with killer solos and mind blowing lightning speed runs over the fretboards! This is serious buisness, this is a duel to the death! I’m serious! The winner rules the planet until another upstart gets the guts to take him on. Just imagine Jimmy Page...ruler of Earth! After vanquishing Jeff Beck with a final merciless F# trill, REEARRROOUURRRRR, BAM! It’s over! We have a winner! Scoop up the corpse and throw it away! ALL HAIL JIMMY! ALL HAIL JIMMY! That would be SO COO-UHL! But, I digress.

Back to the story: once again SD is played by James Olson in Moon Zero Two at the beginning. The Dude In The Red Spacesuit materializes outside of his ship and screws up the landing, so SD has to splash land into the ocean. At 2:50 I’m playing my Casio CT-390 with my feet, can you tell? I did make backing tapes to play along with sometimes but I remember getting all twisted up, holding my guitar and hitting the percussion keys with my big toes on this. Worked out good enough, eh? Then it’s stuff from Keyboard Tape 6 as SD checks out Zreo. Anti-gravers have their own lingo, as skateboarders do. I’ll translate “grind the strat” for you: when one antigravs to the edge of the stratosphere and back. Gnarly, dude!

Back on the surface SD starts to feel lonely. Something’s missing. Something...a need...an emptiness inside...the desire to connect with another on a deep level. One to share your innermost thoughts and dreams with. And in walks Ruby. Sometimes it just happens to work out that way. Ruby is a sassy humanoid gal from Zreo. When you first see her it’s an android body because I couldn’t find a real “sexy female astronaut” image. NASA has yet to go Hollywood with their spacesuit designs. C’mon, NASA, tighten it up! At 8:30 it’s back to Keyboard Tape 5 for what I now call The Luv Theme Of Zaphod And Ruby. That’s right. Zaphod Beeblebrox III is Space Dude’s name. I squeezed my brain as hard as I could and could NOT come up with a cool original name that didn’t sound stupid. So I tacked “the Third” onto the name from Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. I hope Douglas Adams won’t mind. There just isn’t a cooler name. I just might change my own totally boring name to Zaphod one day. 10:05 to the end is some of the strangest stuff I ever recorded. I don’t remember playing this stuff. I was zonked out on something, man. Pretty strange for a love theme I suppose. Zaphod and Ruby instantly share a special magical bond. That ever happen to you? Yeah, ain’t that nice! Up into the air they soar, singing some Bowie Nite Flights on the way down (written by Scott Walker).

Ok, SD has a love interest, now he needs a nemesis. And in walks Ted. Sometimes it just happens to work out that way. Meet Ted, he’s an a**hole. Or in polite company, a “bleephole.” Once again I’m ripping off ZBS. ZBS’s Ruby had to deal with the Macho Bleepholes in the Ruby 2 series. I have made the bleepholes the bad guys in my story. Who are they? They are everyone you hate. All of the worst characteristics you can imagine: racist, sexist, speciesist, add yours here, ___________ist. Zaphod and Ruby are going to be confronting them later in the story and I can tell you, it’s gonna get ugly, man! For the moment Zaphod dispatches Ted pretty quickly but he’ll be back. Oh, he’ll be back alright.

14:30 THE {snuggling} SCENE! Ha, got your attention, eh? If you think it’s shocking that they “get to it” so soon after meeting then just imagine that many days or weeks have past since they first met. Whatever makes you comfortable. I’m ok with a few minutes. But that’s just me. I want this story to show SD’s whole life and {snuggling} is a part of life. You wouldn’t exist and be reading this if your parents hadn’t….ew! Sorry about that, but it’s true. You gotta have some physical contact in your life. Otherwise it would be so cold, so very cold. Alright, I can see that some of you are squirming around (I wonder why?...hmmm) so let’s wrap it up.

SD’s life is taking shape. What’s next? Who knows. What’s next in your life? You won’t know until it happens. To be continued!