Video Files on Forum ×

CTK 2500 issue

SOOPERRHINO

Welcome to the forums!  I would double check the instructions for transferring a song.  You can find the instructions by pressing the question mark icon in the app.  That will take you the webpage of instructions.  You'll wanna double check the section regarding keyboard link.  Let us know what you come up with.  Hope this helps.

Screenshot_20200415-175416.png

For your connection between your tablet and the CTK-2500. are you using a standard stereo cable with  3.5mm Tip-Ring-Sleeve (TRS) plugs, or a four conductor cable with Tip-Ring-Ring-Sleeve (TRRS) plugs.  In this YouTube video, he just mentions you only need a standard 3.5mm cable.  He does not use the word "stereo", and he does not state the number of conductors or the type of plugs, yet if you pause the video just as he is about to insert the plug into the tablet, you can see that the plug is a four conductor TRRS plug.  You can plainly see the three black plastic bands that separate the four metal conductors.  It was my understanding that you should use a standard three conductor TRS stereo cable for this, but I am wondering if this could be your problem.  I am suspicious because of the buzzing sound you are getting when you attempt to do a file transfer.  As though the transferring data is actually gettng into the CTK-2500's audio circuits.

I am not trying to say which you should be using, because I am really not certain, at this point. I am just giving you something to question.

Just found this.  You might want to review this tread in its entirety.  This guy was trying to connect to an LK-265, but the LK-265, CTK-2500, and CTK-3500 are all very similar in their Chordana Play setup.  He was also getting a distortion in the keyboard speakers.  Problem was a 4 conductor (TRRS) cable.  Needed to be 3 conductor TRS (standard stereo).  The jacks in phones and tablets are 4 conductor TRRS jacks, but they can connect to either 4 conductor (MIC/PHONES) or 3 conductor (STEREO PHONES) plugs.  I have a feeling that the audio in jacks in the keyboards are just standard 3 conductor stereo jacks and can not connect correctly to 4 conductor plugs.

https://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/topic/18077-connecting-chordana-app-with-ipad-11-pro/&tab=comments#comment-58377