Video Files on Forum ×

pxs3000 batteries

Minh Phạm

I use rechargeable batteries. I have enough to last six hours (more than I need). I've had these batteries for years so I may as well use them. Otherwise, using regular batteries, even buying the bulk packages at the Super Stores, can add up, especially when you only get two hours of battery time. 

That does not sound right. Rechargeable batteries do not last longer than alkalines-I've used many in all kinds of equipment. Something must be wrong with your keyboard, or your batteries.  And rechargealbe batteries are 1.2V, not 1.5V. Underpowering your nice new PX-s3000 is not a good idea. Hope you have money to buy a new one soon. 

22 hours ago, Minh Phạm said:

sure, i have tried.Guess what? it can only run for just about 3-5 minutes only bro!  

Are you actually playing it during that time? I'm wondering if it's doing an auto shut off if you're not using it. I don't know how long that waits, though I thought it was longer than what you describe.

And don't call me bro. 😄😇

17 hours ago, Joe Muscara said:

Are you actually playing it during that time? I'm wondering if it's doing an auto shut off if you're not using it. I don't know how long that waits, though I thought it was longer than what you describe.

And don't call me bro. 😄😇

i am sure that i was playing and suddenly it shut off after playing for 5 mintues

From page EN-70 of the manual (your manual may differ if it's in a different language)

6 AA-size alkaline batteries
Continuous Operation: Approximately 2 hours

Playback of built-in demo tunes on alkaline batteries
Actual continuous operation time may be shorter due to battery type and performance type.

Also, it says

Auto Power Off - 

Approximately four hours (under AC adaptor power) or six minutes (under battery power) after last operation, can be disabled.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Joe Muscara said:

From page EN-70 of the manual (your manual may differ if it's in a different language)

6 AA-size alkaline batteries
Continuous Operation: Approximately 2 hours

Playback of built-in demo tunes on alkaline batteries
Actual continuous operation time may be shorter due to battery type and performance type.

Also, it says

Auto Power Off - 

Approximately four hours (under AC adaptor power) or six minutes (under battery power) after last operation, can be disabled.

yeah,thanks a lot for your help.

I tend to use Duracell "Procell" alakaline batteries. If you are interested in rechargeable AA's that have a new chemistry-and provide 1.6V instead of 1/2V or !.5V-might want to study something celled "NIZN" batteries-which I have been trying for a year or so. These need a 'dedicated" charger-can't be charged with a NIMH or Ni-Cad charger-but the slightly higher voltage is neglible-for 6 AA NIZNs, you would be running 9.6V instead of 9V. Gives me a little brighter light when i use these in flashlights, Cree flash and desk lights, but don't run hot like a Li-po might. I'm pretty sure Casio would not approve of these, but if you are willing to take the responsibility to try at your own risk. some of my music equipment will only work if the voltage is exactly 9V, but these are rechargeable, and will give you enough. I'd rather a tiny bit more voltage rather than not enough. Undervoltage can stress electronics also, especially ICs which might not function correctly if not getting enough "juice". Also stresses voltage regulator chips a bit.