Video Files on Forum ×

The Old, The Sad, And The Screechy

YT description:

ARE YOU READY FOR THE HEARTBREAK?! ARE YOU READY?! HUH?! ARE YA?! HERE IT COMES!!!

The first 3 minutes of this sound messy because it’s from a “practice tape” which were old worn out tapes I used to test new ideas on. You hear the groovy chorus tone of the Casio CT-390 then a mish-mash of different rhythms. “The next day” refers to the end of episode 4 where SD and Ruby partied hardily then went to bed after 2 o’clock. She got up early and went to work (I imagine her as a waitress like Chrissie Hynde in the Pretenders Brass In Pocket video ((I have a major crush on Chrissie Hynde! Number one on my bucket list is for Chrissie Hynde to jump me and pound me into the ground! Ride me like a rodeo bronc! Oh, yyeeaagghh!))). Anyhoo, SD has no work to do so he volunteers to test drive some freaky trans concepts that his buddies are working on at the Zreo Institute of Technology. Awesome trans, man! They’re from a Hankook Tire company vid. One reminds SD of the Big Wheel, the plastic tricycle I had as a kid. My Burt Reynolds reference at 2:18 is about those brainless Smokey and the Bandit movies of the 70’s which I loved as a kid. I was brainless in 1977 so that figures. The scene at 2:40 is a little confusing so here’s the deal: the fuzz catches SD zipping down the road on an unlicensed transport, he almost escapes but is blocked by a black car at an intersection. The cops are impressed with SD’s totally rad maneuvering abilities and would like to have him join the force. They hand over the wheel of their cruiser to SD and they jump in the black car to see if SD can catch them (with the black car owner’s consent I would assume). Of course SD catches them. Of course. Hey...did I just make a brainless Smokey and the Bandit type scene? Hmm, I guess I didn’t outgrow that after all.

From 4 minutes to the end the tunes are from my ‘94 sixth keyboard tape. SD heads to Ruby’s place on his hover-hog belting out some Steppenwolf Screaming Night Hog written by John Kay. Dude finds his lady to be missing from her dome home. He asks her air car Yomjimbo of her whereabouts. Yojimbo’s panic attack upon finding out that Ruby is missing reveals the downside of being programmed to love someone. Yojimbo claims to be “only a machine”, unaffected by such human frailties as emotion. Uh huh. Yeah, right.

Searching for answers SD finds a note in Ruby’s house from...Ted! That bleephole! See, I told ya he’d be back! Having been emasulated and sent into the river by SD’s fist, Ted has been stewing in his evil juices, smoldering in contempt for our hero, concocting a fiendish plan...for revenge! Ted has kidnapped Ruby! The scoundrelous malefactor! Oh, man, you can just imagine how SD feels! He has to rescue her, and nothing will stop him! So, the sun sets on the Zreo phase of his life. Out into the universe he goes. Alone...again.

SD is a ZepHead, just like me. Coincidence? At 10 minutes he’s singing to himself some lyrics from Ramble On and Friends, written by Jimmy Page / Robert Plant. Ruby and Zaphod were as one. Now they are seperated. That kind of crap ever happen to you? Not cool, man. Not cool. Galaxy to galaxy, planet to planet. Month after month. SD searches...lookin’ for what he knew. All…..alone. (Man this is sad!). There’s some geeky physics humor for you at 12:12, if you’re into that kinda thing. Get it? Then SD drops onto a planet singin’ some Tom Petty / Jeff Lynne, Free Fallin’. If you like loud screechy music as I do then CRANK IT UP from 13:15 to 16:00! ‘Til it huurrttss, baby!!! Guess who shows up at 16 minutes...wellazee well well, if it isn’t The Dude in the Red Spacesuit! Ha, SD ain’t got no time to mess around with that dumba**, he’s gotta keep searchin’ for his lost love. There’s no hidden Red Dude in this episode, btw.

A planet at 18:40 has some super cool waterfalls just like Earth’s Iguazu. SD antigravs down to the surface singing some Jeff Lynne Waterfall. So beautiful, so relaxing...but this planet has some gnarly weather, man! A sudden cold front freezes it all solid in an instant! That’s how it goes. One minute you have things in your life that make you warm and happy...the next minute they’re GONE...and you’re frozen solid. That’s life. That’s love. DEAL WITH IT!!

SD has his “Stella!” moment at 20:55 screaming Ruby’s name as if she could hear him over the distance of hundreds of light years. But his lonely cry fades in the air. If you want even more sadness after you watch this vid and read this description then check out the saddest song Motown ever produced, The Supremes Love Is Here And Now You’re Gone. Diana’s spoken word segments will have you runnin’ for the tissues, man! “My heart cries out for your touch, but you’re not there, and the lonely cry fades in the air.” Ohh! No happy ending there!

No happy ending here either. This is the end. Space Dude dies as he stands there, alone and frozen. Ugh! Wha?! Nooooo! It can’t be! What kind of storyteller am I? Am I that cold hearted?!

Tune in next time and find out.