Video Files on Forum ×

Pitch LFO Always On?

Hunter SinClair

Hello,

I just got a Privia PX-5S. I'm extremely excited to start gigging with it and have some studio sessions coming up I'm planning on using it in. I'm loving the Privia so far but having quite an annoying issue with it. I'm sure I just don't understand how to use it fully but I have exhausted youtube tutorials and the manual.

On start up, no matter the stage setting, every zone has a pitch LFO on it. I go to the settings, and turn it off. (it's always set at .8 ) and everything works fine. But if I move to a new stage setting, restart the keyboard, or accidentally press the wrong button. All of the sudden the LFO is back and I have to go back into the GUI to disable it. Surely there is a setting I am not seeing, or somekind of user error. But either way it's extremely frustrating, I can't have an LFO messing with my tuning while recording, and it just sounds off trying to play along with anything. Has anyone else encountered this? What can I do to stop this from being the default setting? I have already tried doing a factory reset, it did not change anything.

This is my first post on this forum. Apologies if I have posted the wrong place or broken any rules. I appreciate any input. Thank you.

I'm gonna ride along  this  post cause I didn't want to make a separate post about zones , I found something

that is not what I've expected to be. hoping someone can tell this is something what Iv'e probably missed all

these years having the PX5S.

I had a stage with  LFO on several sounds divided at zones 1/2  controller knob 1 programmed to control

rate, and assigned to these zones. When I play the stage and changes value's, knob 1 changed LFO value's.

That happen but also that LFO remained during stage switching all due to this stage I've made. 

Reset the knobs reset the value's and later restarting the px5 to get rid of it. I discarded that stage could not

solve what happen. 

This time I've fiddled with sounds on each zone and programmed controller knobs so each zone gets the right

value change by the knob assigned to them.

While setting knob 4  T1 to Osc frequency  and T2 to CC 17. And zone 3 to be assigned to knob 4 only. I've saved the stage.  

I could let knob 4 change the value's accordingly at the sound on zone 3 while I play, and the px5s did it nicely. 

Until I switched to zone 1 and noticed knob 4 had change to LFO - rate , switched to zone 2 and knob 4 changed to distortion 

value's. the only way to let knob 4 do what it should for zone 3 alone It had to be switch to zone 3 and stay there or else

knob 4 would do only that for the zone Its on and not what the stage was programmed for. 

So my thinking is that previous stage with LFO could have the same thing, stage controller gets globally programmed

assigned to a zone but if you have more zones with LFO assigned to a sound with DSP or a hexlayer LFO and switch 

from zone to zone one of the LFO remains and probably does remain switching to other stage's. 

I think to have missed where each zone gets a function assigned to a knob for for all zones when switching zones.

This a side of the px5s I did not know or forgot that how zones work.