Video Files on Forum ×

Fooling around and work in progress

Tracking on the new to me old wk 1200 I lost in the flood a decade ago and replaced with a used I found on Marketplace-

(I'm just getting through the essentials on the wk-6600- Hey it's only been 4 or 5 years!)

So I'll move projects onto that sometime- this technology is hurting my PRACTICE TIME!  This board may be easier- 5 tracks and 2 song memory.

anyway 3 tracks- two harp and one synth strings- call it "Celtic Thing" for now- 

It's got a couple of glitches- when I'm wrestling with technology- I tend to move on without getting perfect tracks- usually regret it too later

Audacity is wrestling with my inputs- this is recorded directly to my laptop through the computer's small microphone,

and damn the man who took separate audio in and out jacks from laptops!  I'll get it straightened out, and this song is a keeper to develop more I think-

I've played it now on real harp, and accompanied with guitar.  I may post future incarnations or I may move onto to something else.

celtic 2 direct reverb.mp3

Nice tune, Harpon, 👍! I can't help you with the tech. All I use is Android tabs and I record with a digital recorder with line input I bought for $40. I'm a po' boy, so everything is on the cheap with me.

I'd rather hear the harp, guitar version of this. Orchestral strings and celesta rob it of it's Celtic magic, at least to me.

I'm afraid the "celesta" aspect is actually the harp voice of the old WK-1200-  It's more accurate sounding in the lower octaves I think. The voices got much better with the WK200/500 level- that's why I need to get something more going with my WK-6600 with another improvement still in the voices and tone editing- which has gotten more of my attention with that newer board.  This one I'm more familiar with still.

Yes- maybe the strings take it a little "alpine"?  Not to defend, it's just the first sketch of an idea- there could be many versions for different reasons.

Maybe this sounds cinematic- I've always been a film buff and student-  I wowed myself a bit that that part of the track could flow in different directions- to me it says "conclusion!" 

roll credits-  Ah, Sin a ma......

81171254_10157355063392572_2854696957278945280_n.jpg

It has occurred to me- the old WK-1200 does in fact have a synth function- and if cut the release time of the tone when I recorded the first track- the tone would probably sound more "harp-realistic"  The upper ranges let the sound ring on more like a keyboard than the treble ranges of a harp, while the lower strings sound more appropriate untouched.

Got to kick up more to the WK-6600 where the voices are much more realistic- I'm assuming more samples each voice- and the tone editing has greater control.

Also having a great time lately with a small Yamaha PSS-480 board with some fun synth sounds that I also had back in '88 and was fairly clueless with, and absolutely NO playing ability either.  So yes- I'm having some fun and quite satisfied with myself.

below- my electric bike- a vintage 1960's Peugeot Mixte frame

P1030534.JPG

Nah, this ones only 250 watts, 36 volts and only 5 lbs of hoverboard battery (2 packs)

still it's about 20 mph and 12 miles of range and less than an hour to recharge.

More EFFICIENCY

total weight of electrical components- less than 10 lbs.

And have lightened the bike in other ways.

P1030532.JPG