Video Files on Forum ×

How to save an audio WAV file of a recorded song with original sound in Chordana for Piano?

Andrey.S

Hi to all,

Chordana for Piano app (Android) allows PX-S1000 record and save my songs as audio WAV file (Share menu in MIDI recorder).

Unfortunately, the sound of playback is never that one it was originally played.

It is some basic piano sound, but not any of piano samples of S1000.

Is there any way to fix the Chordana recording settings so that the output file would sound the same at it was heard while playing?

PS.   I am not into DAW, just looking for simple built-in solution.

At the moment I record midi file by Chordana and convert it to mp3 with Pianoteq (trial version). It works well but again, it sounds different though much better than app recorded WAV file.

Hi Andrey and welcome to the forums!  You're on the right track with everything.  Chordana for Piano will not be able to create a WAV file that sounds like the PX-S1000.  You could use virtual instrument like Pianoteq as you have done, or you could free audio recording software like Audacity to record the direct line output of the PX-S1000.  Personally, I would connect the audio outputs of the PX-S1000 to a computer and use Audacity.  You could record your performance directly to that instead of using the MIDI recorder.  Hope this helps.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Brad Saucier said, "I would connect the audio outputs of the PX-S1000 to a computer and use Audacity.  You could record your performance directly to that instead of using the MIDI recorder."   Can I connect the CDP-S150 by USB to a computer and use Audacity to record the performance as well? What kind of file, i.e. MIDI or WAV or MP3, will be saved if I record the performance with Audacity via USB Connection?

If you connect your CDP-S150 via USB, the computer will only receive MIDI data. In order for you to "hear" that, some program on your computer will have to convert that to audio. That can be done in real time, and that could be recorded, depending on the software you have. You could also save the MIDI data and play it back later.

Of course, you always have the option to hear the audio coming from the keyboard itself, and you can play back the recorded MIDI data through the keyboard.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/28/2020 at 4:00 PM, Brad Saucier said:

Hi Andrey and welcome to the forums!  You're on the right track with everything.  Chordana for Piano will not be able to create a WAV file that sounds like the PX-S1000.  You could use virtual instrument like Pianoteq as you have done, or you could free audio recording software like Audacity to record the direct line output of the PX-S1000.  Personally, I would connect the audio outputs of the PX-S1000 to a computer and use Audacity.  You could record your performance directly to that instead of using the MIDI recorder.  Hope this helps.

Could you please tell me what to adjust in Audacity to get a recording from my piano (Privia PX160)? I tried some of the items in "Preferences" but nothing worked. Connection via an USB. Sorry to say but I never used Midi before - up to now I only used Audacity with a microphone for my banjo - which worked well.

58 minutes ago, Brad Saucier said:

Audacity is only capable of recording audio. To record audio, you'll need to connect the PX-160 headphones output or line out directly to your computers audio interface (line input if equipped).  For MIDI (which is not audio), you'll need different software.  

I used USB-Port of the piano and a USB-Port on the computer. Would this be ok?