Video Files on Forum ×

Questions about tech, and more.

JackRose

Hello all,

I received my S1000 yesterday, so far I'm happy with it. I have some queries, if anyone can help that'd be great.

1. Plugged in a pair of headphones, just some standard in ear ones with no volume control. At full volume...they're not that loud. When plugged in to my phone, they blow my ears off. Any idea why? And should I get a pair with separate volume controls?

2. Also, when playing through headphones the piano seem to be as dynamic. It feels like there's a lack of velocity. I can't quite explain it, but the higher notes are definitely louder in comparison to playing without headphones, and the lower notes seem to blend out of existence. I can't distinguish a lot of chords. I've fiddled with the settings to no avail, so maybe it's... psychological, somehow?

3. Does anyone know what the lightest piano stand available is? I've had a search and I've seen the lowest at 2.5kg, not sure if lower!

4. Regarding the connections to a phone. I've got a USB B to A converter, and then using a USB A male to USB B micro male in to the phone, but it doesn't work. Casio say you need a separate OTG B micro to A female, and then USB A male to USB B converter. It seems a bit weird as my phone has OTG, and the connections still run data through as they're all compliant. Is there a magic trick here?

Thanks!

I wonder if the head/earphones you're using either aren't plugged in correctly or are somehow not compatible. The headphone jack on a keyboard would be a TRS, which stands for Tip Ring Sleeve. But ones that work with phones have a fourth connector on the sleeve for the mic. If that's what you're trying to use, I'm not sure if there's a specific position (depth) it needs to be, or if you simply don't have it in all the way. You might try playing with how far you have it plugged in, or if you have access to other headphones with a simpler TRS jack, trying those.

• Like 1

Regarding question 4, it sounds like you have an Android phone, correct?  Yes, you'll need a OTG adapter cable.  These cables are wired in a way that sets the USB port on the phone to host mode.  OTG can be used to connect a class compliant camera, mouse, keyboard or MIDI controller directly to the phone.  A standard USB cable won't activate host mode.