Video Files on Forum ×

How to download all Rhythmfilen from ctk-7000 to Computer for use on other keyboard A

HI! I need help ! I have a casio ctk-7000 and I love the rhthm sounds there. Now I bought a CT-X 5000 and I want to download all files from the CTK 7000 to a Computer, so that I can upload it later to the User Rhythms at my ct-X 5000. I cant find a way to do this. I can download the User Rhythms but not all the other.

Sorry for my English, I think you misunderstood me. I have Problems to load down all rhythm files from my ctk-7000 to a Computer  . If I can do this I can save 100of them  on the ct-X5000 with the Data manager  with user Rhythms- I want to download ALL of thectk-7000  rythm files and dont know how to do this - Sorry for the misunderstandings

@gadidadiga Identify the CTK-7000 Rhythms you want to bring over to your CT-X5000, copy them to User Rhythm slots on the CTK-7000, and then export them as User Rhythms. You can’t export the Presets directly, but duplicating them into User Rhythm slots and then exporting them is just as good even if it takes an extra step.

Keep in mind that the voice assignments between these two keyboards are different, so some of the CTK-7000 Rhythms might use weird tones when you bring them over to the CT-X5000. However, you can always modify the Rhythms once they’re imported to the CT-X5000 and change the tones as you see fit. You can do this by changing the tone assignments for each track in the Rhythm Mixer menu inside the Rhythm Editor. Once you’ve updated the voice assignments to your liking, save the newly modified Rhythm and you’ll be good to go.

1 hour ago, casio_style said:To save the rhythm as a user, you first need to edit it a bit, for example, just slightly change the volume of one part and when you exit the editing mode, the synthesizer will ask you if you want to save this rhythm, you agree and select a cell where to save.

@gadidadiga There is no need to edit any parameters before saving the Rhythm. Changing something and then exiting to get the save prompt is one way to do it, but the more efficient way is to:

1. Choose the Rhythm you want to export in the CTK’s Rhythm list and press the “Pattern Sequencer” button.
  2. Hold down the “Function” button and press “Menu”. This will bring up the Pattern Sequencer menu. The first option should be “Store”. Press Enter.

AEF3C136-4D0D-4DAE-98A7-E3E40F230BFA.thumb.jpeg.fdb0d0bfbc836aea9cffff96da9c1fc9.jpeg

Just make sure you’re saving each duplicate Rhythm in a new slot and give them all recognizable names.

58 minutes ago, casio_style said:

and yet, you don’t need to copy all the rhythms from the casio ctk 7000, because somewhere around 50 percent of these rhythms are already on the casio ct-x3000. First check what rhythms are not on CASIO CT-X. Only then copy.

Are you sure about that? The CTK-7000 is nearly 10 years old now, I’m doubtful that 50% of the Rhythms were recycled for the CT-X models. In my experience comparing Rhythms between the MZ-X500, my PX-350 and my CT-X5000, a lot of the Rhythms share the same name but have different content across the different generations of the product line. I find that the CT-X and MZ-X models only have overlap because they’re the only two models in Casio’s current product line that support 4-variation Rhythm styles, whereas the vast majority of past Casios only have 2-variations.

I would agree that it’s a good idea to check for recycled Rhythms before going through the effort of transferring, though. Never hurts to be sure.

• Like 1

Hello -----ME AGAIN - now I have the same problem with the tones. They have fifferent endings and dont match- Is it possible to convert a Tone from, CTK-7000 to a CT-X5000 ? And when yes, please tell me exaxctly how to do this. (I think me I´m the most stupid keyboard user :-))

5 hours ago, gadidadiga said:

Hello -----ME AGAIN - now I have the same problem with the tones. They have fifferent endings and dont match- Is it possible to convert a Tone from, CTK-7000 to a CT-X5000 ? And when yes, please tell me exaxctly how to do this. (I think me I´m the most stupid keyboard user :-))

@gadidadiga You can't import the tones to the CT-X5000, but you may be able to change the tone to a different tone that sounds better. Open up the Rhythm Mixer in the CT-X5000's Rhythm Editor and alter the voice assignments that way.

1. Choose the Rhythm you want to edit in the CT-X5000's Rhythm list. Long press the Function button to open up the Rhythm Editor.
  2. In the Rhythm Editor, press the Part button and the little red light next to it will light up to show that you're in part select mode.
  3. In part select mode, use the number pad to select the part whose tone you want to change. 1 is Percussion, 2 is Drums, 3 is Bass, 4 5 6 7 8 are all chord parts. 
  4. Once you've switched to the part you want to change, press the part button again to exit part select mode. The red light will dim out.
  5. Long press the part button to bring up the mixer menu. The first option in here is On/Off, scroll down using the 2 button to bring up the tone selection parameter. Use the scroll wheel or the plus or minus buttons to select a new tone for that part.
  6. (Optional) If you want to change any of the tones assigned to the other parts, enter part select mode again and switch to that part using the number pad like you did in step 3. Use the scroll wheel to change the tone assigned to this part, then switch to the next part until you've changed all the voices to your liking. Remember to exit part select mode (make sure the red light is dimmed out) before moving on.
  7. (Optional) If you keep scrolling down with the 2 button while you're editing a part in the Rhythm Mixer, you will see more Mixer data you can tweak, like the volume level of each part as well as the Reverb, Chorus, and Delay amounts for that track. These parameters can also be used to modify the sound of your Rhythm if you want to get even more precise with your editing. Make sure you're not in Part Select mode (the red light is dimmed out) while you're scrolling through the Rhythm Menu, otherwise pressing 2 will just switch to Part 2 instead of scrolling down.
  8. Play back the Rhythm to test the new tone assignments. Turn on Accompaniment with the Accomp toggle button, play the Rhythm and input chords on your left hand to trigger the new accompaniment voices. If the Rhythm still doesn't sound right, keep tweaking things until you're satisfied. Press 4 to exit the Rhythm Mixer menu.
  9. Press 7 to Write the new Rhythm, then yes to confirm the save. Press 4 to Exit the Rhythm Editor and you should be good to go.

Sure thing. Note that you will have to make these adjustments for each section of the Rhythm on the CT-X5000, as each section has its own separate mixer settings. When you first load into the Rhythm Editor, Variation 1 will be selected for editing. To choose a different section, use the Rhythm Controller buttons to switch to that section.

For example, to switch to the intro section, press the Intro button. The “I” icon in the bottom left part of the display will start to flash to indicate that you’re now editing the Intro of the Rhythm.

If you want to switch to Fill 1 or Fill 2 for editing, press the associated Variation button twice. So if I just finished editing the mixer settings for the Intro, and I wanted to start editing Fill 2, I would press Variation 2 (the icons will show V2) and then press Variation 2 again (the icons will show F2) to select Fill 2 as the Rhythm section I’m editing.

You can switch the section you’re editing at any time while you’re in the Rhythm editor, so I would recommend getting into the Rhythm Mixer menu first, changing the tone for Variation 1, testing it to see if you like it, and then switching to the other sections and changing the tone for those sections as well.

Remember that you’re bringing a 2-variation Rhythm into a 4-variation keyboard, so variations 3 and 4 will most likely be completely empty on the CT-X5000. As such, there’s no need to worry about editing the tone assignments for Variation 3, Fill 3, Variation 4 or Fill 4.