Video Files on Forum ×

DSP Rotary effect speeds

So where do you set the Casio WK7500 (and probably on  other Casio's) rotary speeds to duplicate the Leslie.   A SLow speed setting  (37) matches up nicely with the aprox 40 RPM's the actual horn speed of the Leslie.   Low notes on the Casio seem to rotate in the opposite direction from high notes as what actually happens in the Leslie.   A Casio  Fast Speed setting of (115) gives the 300+ RPM of the actual Leslie but the sound results for most upper notes played sounds like you are in front of a window fan!    A setting of (97) gives a more natural Leslie sound. 

Edited text from a Leslie Service Manual. Adjust the SLOW SPEED Trimmer of the HORN to the standard value of 40 RPM. Turn the FAST SPEED Trimmer of the HORN to the standard value of 400 RPM. From the table below you can match Leslie speeds to the approximate CASIO RPM value. So, Fast on the Casio would equate to approximately 70 RPM and the slow would be 30 RPM. The time setting from slow to fast speeds should be 8 to 10 seconds.

The comparison speed table was put together by a Forum member VORBIS five years ago.

Copy of Rotary Table.pdf

I'll check my settings I use on the PX560. Remember the speed ramp up and down make a big difference too, not sure what that rate is in a standard 122, 145 or similar cabinet. I set mine around 2-3 seconds but have other registrations saved to instantly switch fast to slow. Can also check the XW-P1 leslie effect and see what the stock settings are.