Video Files on Forum ×

Line in bypass compressor, eq

sam-px5s

Hello everyone,

I have bought another keyboard and when I connect it to my sound card I have a lot of noise ( some ground problem exist) however, I do not have this problem with my Casio PX5s

As the result I thought maybe it would be a good idea to use the input of the Casio and connect it to the output of the new keyboard. Everything is fine ( I do not hear noise) but when I play an instrument with a new keyboard I hear background noise ( more than the background noise of the instrument) as the result I thought perhaps the compressor is acting on input or something like that. Is there anyway to bypass eq and compressor on the input? however I use ration 0 for the compressor but still I hear a lot of noise when I press a key from the new keyboard which I do not  hear when I directly connect the new keyboard to the speaker ( however if I connect it to the sound card independent if I press the key or not i have a lot of noise which is somehow a ground problem)

also does the input converted via ADC and then again to DAC? or just it sits on the DAC output of PX5s?

Thanks

Line inputs do not have any settings that allow bypassing the master effects.  It is "hard wired" that way.  You would need to disable the master effects completely by pressing and holding the master effect button until the light flashes. Also, the PX-5S has a noise gate on the inputs.  Unfortunately it is strictly preset and can't be adjusted. 

Are you using USB with the new keyboard?  USB ground loops are usually the cause of noise whenever USB is used in conjunction with analog audio.

• Thanks 1

Thank you Brad for the answer. It looks something is wrong with the new keyboard actually. Even when I connect it to the speaker only when I press a key I hear some white noise in the background of the instrument. It actually has the same ADSR as the sample has. So regardless of using Px5S it looks I have this problem with the new keyboard ( Korg M1)

Best regards,

Sam