Video Files on Forum ×

Casio CTX-3000 won't turn on

portna

• 1 year later...

** Update 2: Found the problem.. There's a bad trace on pin 1 to power switch from 5 wire solder connection area. If you short pin 1 & 2 board will fire up. 

* Update 1: I took the board apart and verified the power is holding at 12.26VDC while pushing the power button. I also verified the power button carbon contacts are in place and there's no debris blocking the contacts. Still no power-up.

Original Post

Not quite a year of having the Casio CT-X3000 and the power wouldn't turn on for me also. I'm not sure if there are quality variations of this model to America vs the Philippines, but many products coming into the Philippines are reduced in quality when compared to products entering the USA.

I noticed, however, that a short tap of the power up until this point wouldn't turn it on, but rather flash the screen until held long enough to energize boot up. Other times long pressing from the ON state wouldn't turn it off neither. Now long pressing and so forth gives no flashing or indication of power, though the power plug was tested at >12VDC. Either the power supply is short current to hold 12VDC when power up attempts are made, or the power button might be faulty.

I've never had anything so unreliable from Casio before. Usually their products are quite decent and last years before needing repairs.

I hope this thread gets used because I see no others on this subject as of now. 

Edited by JJDP
Found the problem.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

If you could be more specific about where these pins are... I opened it up, tried a few shorts, but no results. Last time the problem was "fixed" (I thought) with a new power supply. Now, it happened again, but a new power supply did not help. I miss my Casio...

• 10 months later...